Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

They were 21-4 without him, and that’s probably 22-4 after tonight

I wouldn’t even think of bringing him back until the ECF, and they’ll get past Orlando or Cleveland easily enough without him. And honestly it might just be worth sitting him until June and letting him warm back up in the second half of the conference finals. If they pull that off this might work towards their benefit if he’s rested and healthy instead of having grinded his way through the East

Assuming he’s able to come back, the big negative is the extra minutes Horford is going to have to play now, putting him at risk

Last edited:

Probably goes to whatever team drafts/signs Bronny. Whole family isn’t in southern CA anymore, so makes sense for him to not feel shackled there geographically. I’d guess Knicks if they put up a respectable fight against the Celtics. The Knicks wouldn’t be playing for the Finals so much as they would be playing for LeBron.

Bobby Portis leading his team to a playoff win on 14-24 FG is not necessarily something I would have predicted a few weeks ago. How fun it must have been for him to randomly get to cosplay as a playoff superstar for a night.

The Magic wanting to sign Paul George is interesting. If it meant they were going to play Paolo at center and Franz at the 4, I'd be more excited. I think that lineup would hold up defensively while improving massively on offense. But instead, I assume they'd go Suggs, PG, Franz, Paolo, Carter.

So six teams have been knocked out of the playoffs so far, and I don’t think anyone would have imagined this list at the start of the year:

Heat
Bucks
Sixers
Suns
Lakers

Oh yeah the Pelicans too. Finally they are in elite company.

I think I've talked myself into the Wolves upsetting the Nuggets. They have a defensive answer for every single player on the Nuggets. They have all kinds of good perimeter defenders to throw at Murray, who is already hobbled. No one has an answer for Jokic, but the Wolves are as close as it gets.

My main reason for skepticism about the Wolves was their offense. But in the playoffs, they've had the number one offense. Maybe that's just a product of playing the Suns. But they've just played better overall than the Nuggets have so far. My only concern with their defense was if they encountered a team that could really drag them into space. The Nuggets are obviously a great shooting team, but that's not what I mean. I'm talking about more of a team that can get their bigs into mismatches with small ball handlers.

The final advantage I see for the Wolves is the bench. The Wolves should crush the Nuggets in the non-Jokic minutes. Even if that's only 5-7 minutes a game, that could swing a few games.

I think I've talked myself into the Wolves upsetting the Nuggets. They have a defensive answer for every single player on the Nuggets. They have all kinds of good perimeter defenders to throw at Murray, who is already hobbled. No one has an answer for Jokic, but the Wolves are as close as it gets.

My main reason for skepticism about the Wolves was their offense. But in the playoffs, they've had the number one offense. Maybe that's just a product of playing the Suns. But they've just played better overall than the Nuggets have so far. My only concern with their defense was if they encountered a team that could really drag them into space. The Nuggets are obviously a great shooting team, but that's not what I mean. I'm talking about more of a team that can get their bigs into mismatches with small ball handlers.

The final advantage I see for the Wolves is the bench. The Wolves should crush the Nuggets in the non-Jokic minutes. Even if that's only 5-7 minutes a game, that could swing a few games.
The Nuggets also only outscored the Lakers by 11 points across 5 games, and I think that was with an especially impactful home court advantage because of how quickly the Lakers were tiring out.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom