Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Other Sports

Who do we want? Serbia or Australia? Serbia played us tighter, but Australia seems like the more talented and better team.

Didn't we blow out Serbia for the gold in the 2014 World Cup? Would be fun to see Kyrie go off again.

Bolt got the baton in basically a dead heat with the US and Japan. And then it was over within 25 meters.

I think we are 1-4 in the last 5 against the spread. I thought the Spain spread of -14 was absurd but we were up like 13 with a minute and change. We really should beat Serbia by about 20 points but taking Serbia money line really is not a bad bet here because who the hell knows with this team.

I do like that we played a shitty game against Serbia the first time and they played well. Feels like we should be able to make some tweaks and use the better defensive lineup against them and hopefully have a much different game flow, especially in second half.

I think we'll be fine.

This is the last chance for a lot of folks to publish and post their I told you so pieces about K coaching the Nats--some of them have been gathering dust for 8 years.

I haven't watched a second of women's basketball in the Olympics, and it looks like I've missed nothing.

This has been my least watched Summer Olympics because for the first time I haven't had the benefit of doing nothing during day in between classes/Summer vacation, but knowing everything is wrapping up is giving me serious heartache and anxiety.

Hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant work by Tony Bennett, John Calipari, Tom Izzo and Rick Barnes.

skins said:
This has been my least watched Summer Olympics because for the first time I haven't had the benefit of doing nothing during day in between classes/Summer vacation, but knowing everything is wrapping up is giving me serious heartache and anxiety.

There are few things that make me sadder than the end of the Olympics. For some reason it crystallizes for me how quickly time flies by. Each games seems to represent an era of life, and my memories of each are so welded to memories of the person I was at the time and the specific circumstances I was in. Reminisces of events are like peculiar odors that suddenly bring back an intense flood of associated images and tastes and feelings. I'll be in a funk all week, especially since I thought this was one of the best Olympics ever.

The best events of the next three Olympics, winter and summer, will be live at 8am Eastern on weekdays. NBC will show the replays 12 hours later, assuming no one hears the results during that time.

I'm guessing the gold medal basketball final, with Ben Simmons' Australia against Kristaps Porzingis' Latvia, will be something like 2AM.

Congrats on another gold medal for the hoops team. I heard on the radio that it has been 10 years since the USA men & women's teams have lost a game.

That is amazing.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
The best events of the next three Olympics, winter and summer, will be live at 8am Eastern on weekdays. NBC will show the replays 12 hours later, assuming no one hears the results during that time.
We'll be lucky if NBC airs them live on tv at all.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom