Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

This pedophile, who will be elected to the Senate of the United States of America, was removed twice as Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court for not following the Constitution, so I guess he knows what he's talking about.

I like how this is covering up the fact that the US healthcare system and economy are about to blow up. McConnell loves this news because it gives cover to his theft and sets up Trump to be gone soon.

I like how this is covering up the fact that the US healthcare system and economy are about to blow up. McConnell loves this news because it gives cover to his theft and sets up Trump to be gone soon.

Yeah, and they'll blame the Trump fiasco on the Dems in order to hang on to their mouthbreathing Nazi base.

obama_did_it.jpg

This shit tonight is truly ridiculous. I can't get one Republican friend on social media to give me a remotely coherent response on why and how this is good.

Maybe the GOP do know what they’re doing. Distasteful approach, arguably downright evil, but they have passed something that helps the rich and can be cited as a reason for welfare/entitlement reform, due to the increased deficit that they themselves are causing. There will be less outrage over the upcoming and inevitable welfare, social security and Medicare cuts now, because the base is mostly dumb and don’t really care about practical survival.

It’s almost impossible to imagine any of this lasting for more than three years, given how Trump is polling and how Republicans are polling. Democrats should have full power in 2020 to undo everything Trump does. I would expect smart money to leave the stock market gradually during 2018-19.

This is probably the most naked money/power grab that I can remember in my lifetime. It could undo what little remains of the New Deal (everything that Reagan and Clinton and Bush hadn't managed to undo already). It could destroy the economy. And the economic gulf, which has grown steadily over the last 30-40 years, will get to levels worthy of a third-world country.

This is probably the most naked money/power grab that I can remember in my lifetime. It could undo what little remains of the New Deal (everything that Reagan and Clinton and Bush hadn't managed to undo already). It could destroy the economy. And the economic gulf, which has grown steadily over the last 30-40 years, will get to levels worthy of a third-world country.

I'll never understand the reasoning behind the elite's drive to dismantle the middle class. They've been carried by them for my entire life, the engine that drives all those nice tax breaks that go directly to the wealthy. I just can't comprehend why they so clearly want a two class system.
But then when I consider that these same elitists and corporatists are all also eager to do away with any and all environmental and conservational regulations that are designed to insure a healthy and sustainable environment, clean air and safe drinking water for all, including them, I guess I shouldn't be dismayed by their extreme myopia when it comes to the importance of a sound middle class.

When Mueller gets done with the White House, can he take a look at what went on with this tax bill?

The tax cut legislation includes a provision that cuts taxes on beer, wine, and liquor produced or imported into the country, saving companies involved around $4.2 billion over 10 years. The provision mirrors language from the Craft Beverage Modernization and Tax Reform Act, or S. 236, introduced by Sen. Roy Blunt, a Republican from Missouri and a member of the Senate GOP leadership team. (While the legislation does benefit craft, or small breweries, it extends the cuts to larger companies and the industry as a whole.)

Key GOP lawmakers maintain close ties to individuals connected to the booze industry.

Sen. Blunt’s son Andy Blunt is a registered lobbyist for MillerCoors, a brewing company that has worked to build support on Capitol Hill for the exact same targeted brewer tax cuts now included in the tax bill. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., whose support for the tax bill was initially in doubt, before he backed it this week, is married to Cindy McCain, the owner of Hensley Beverage, a major beer distributor. Hensley Beverage’s trade group, National Beer Wholesalers Association, lobbied in support of the very same special tax cuts that are in the bill.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom