Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

It may be easier to access now instead of waiting for a horse to bring the news weeks later, but it's always been that way.

Having access to one newspaper once a week, or an hour or two of TV news a day, isn't really comparable to the modern brainwashing effect of 24/7 news that repeats the same (sometimes slanted) stories over and over again.

Factions were just as bad 200 years ago.

This year, a rep assaulted a journalist.

In the 1850s a sitting senator almost killed another senator on the Senate floor. That stuff went on throughout the country, always. This country has always been divided. It's just different geometry than previously.

I mean Southern planters got poor whites to fight a war to protect their pockets by (essentially) convincing them the North was coming for their guns and jobs.

Anyway, I agree that instant "news" makes it hard to get out of this cycle, but people have always been brainwashed by the ones in charge.

More unforced errors by major news outlets playing right into Trump's hands again.

Yawn. Real time wrong tree. Welcome to FNC 24/7. Irrelevant, because Mueller is slowly peeling back the layers of buffers in the Trump family crime syndicate.

I mean Southern planters got poor whites to fight a war to protect their pockets by (essentially) convincing them the North was coming for their guns and jobs.
Still happening

Correct. The rich "bosses" in the South have been tricking the working and middle class for over a Century that the poor and African-Americans are to blame for their problems.

Reduce the work week to 30 hours. Good for everyone.

We as a society are not paying enough attention to how automation and AI are exacerbating the divisions between rich and poor. When autonomous vehicles are ready for prime time, 3.5 million truckers are going to be unemployed in short order. Not to mention cabs and Uber drivers. Unskilled labor is heading for even darker days ahead.

“Bosses”, both north and south are going to need to figure out some way to give people a chance to earn money. Not sure how they will do it, but it will be messy.

Evidently the plan is for a lot of people - particularly poor people - to just die, taking them out of the equation. There seem to be a lot of little things pushing for that goal now - making healthcare unaffordable, cutting breakfast and lunch programs for low income children, slashing clean air and water regulations, etc, etc.

I don't see how that can possibly be real, but I've seen in on many feeds.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom