Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

People really don’t like presidents taking vacations and specifically playing golf. Seems like it’s all I heard during the W and BO years.

That Hannity thing seemed like such a surprise even to those at his own network. Can't even begin to imagine the army of investigative reporters that just got awakened and what they'll be digging up. Happy hunting!

And somewhat speculative, but what's the game here? Cohen doesn't seem like any sort of real attorney, but someone who only holds a license so that they can all hide behind AC-Priv while being a mob-like goon who "fixes" things. So presumably he fixed something(s) for Hannity in exchange for what? Spreading propaganda? And what's the deal with the NY taxi business? Laundering?

Definitely not at Fox, but I'd bet legitimate investigative reporters at reputable news orgs will be pulling at those strings, who weren't otherwise looking.

I dunno, if anything that signals to me they don't believe the special counsel will come up with that kind of conclusion, and this is a plan B.

Also 'suing russia' how the hell that supposed to work?

Quite possible, but I think it's probably a move to get the scandal more on voters' minds before the midterms. Anything from Mueller's report would still have to be acted upon by a Republican congress. Even if there was video of Trump shooting a kid in the face I don't think the Republicans would impeach/convict before November.
A civil court action? Faster conclusion and with lower likelihood of interference.

Civil court verdicts just result in fines, right? No criminal convictions of any type.

Whose jurisdiction is this? I mean if you're "suing russia" how is that even something that ever sees a courtroom? I dunno it comes off like a publicity stunt to me, which is I guess what you're saying when you type 'get it on voters minds', though that seems odd considering it's been by far the number one story covered everywhere the last year or so, except for Grayson tripping.

I dunno, if anything that signals to me they don't believe the special counsel will come up with that kind of conclusion, and this is a plan B.

Also 'suing russia' how the hell that supposed to work?

Quite possible, but I think it's probably a move to get the scandal more on voters' minds before the midterms. Anything from Mueller's report would still have to be acted upon by a Republican congress. Even if there was video of Trump shooting a kid in the face I don't think the Republicans would impeach/convict before November.
A civil court action? Faster conclusion and with lower likelihood of interference.

Civil court verdicts just result in fines, right? No criminal convictions of any type.

Whose jurisdiction is this? I mean if you're "suing russia" how is that even something that ever sees a courtroom? I dunno it comes off like a publicity stunt to me, which is I guess what you're saying when you type 'get it on voters minds', though that seems odd considering it's been by far the number one story covered everywhere the last year or so, except for Grayson tripping.

Russia fatigue set in months ago for most people, so I doubt making it a focal point of the midterms would be a particularly successful strategy, especially if Mueller fails to incriminate Trump wrt collusion, as I suspect. At some point, imo, the Dems have to craft a coherent and substantive message beyond being anti-Trump and pushing the Russia angle. Then again, focusing their platform on immigration and gun control, which seem to be the other main left-wing talking points atm, likely would cause them to lose support, if anything, so maybe the anti-Trump/Russia approach is the way to go.

Civil action faster? Um, Donald Trump Jr. will be president before a civil suit like that goes to trial.

It's amazing that Giuliani was the most beloved person in this country at some point during my life. Today, he just called his client, the president, a liar.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom