Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Riley Leonard

Recovery from a mild ankle sprain may take several days whereas recovery from a severe high ankle sprain may take several months. In contrast, recovery from a partial syndesmosis rupture may take several months whereas recovery from a full rupture may take up to six months.
The goal of rehabilitation is to return the athlete to sport safely. Returning an athlete too early can cause further injury to the damaged tissue. In the case of a high ankle sprain, returning an athlete too early may cause an unstable ankle and may cause osteoarthritis in the joint over time.

Because every athlete’s injury is unique, each athlete should be functionally tested prior to being released to return to play rather than following a timetable out of a book. For this type of injury, the athlete may return to play after being released by a sports medicine professional and after achieving the following:

• Full range of motion of the injured ankle as compared to the uninjured ankle
• Full strength of the injured ankle as compared to the uninjured ankle
• Full power (ability to jump) off of the injured ankle as compared to the uninjured ankle
• Ability to perform functional skills relative to the athlete’s sport
• Ability to jog, run, and sprint without pain

I still can't believe that was only a high ankle sprain. That was such a nasty looking injury on replay, thought he was done for the season for sure at a minimum. I know it sounds silly as a sports fan (especially a football fan at that) but replay had me more worried about his quality of life post playing career than anything else, that's how bad I thought it was. I'm just amazed that he might only be out 4-6 weeks, that's wild AF to me given how disgusting it looked.

Bravely pushing through the pain and lying to coaches and doctors so he can make it back to play at 60-70% at FSU and then the rest of the season. Hooray.

Elko says he's day-to-day, but my feeling is he's not playing Saturday.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom