Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Science and Technology thread

Re: Technology thread

ipad Mini will be a no-brainer for me. It fits in my white coat pocket, whereas the ipad doesn't.

I watched the relevant part of the Keynote today and have also been convinced to get the mini, but I don't already own a tablet of any sort. I wish it were $299 instead of $329, but I figure Duke football going to a bowl game is worth about $10,000 to me, so I have the extra $30 to blow.

Wait, is that your thing just repeated like 6 years later?

bfactor said:
We made a better one.
That's not how it sounds from those articles...

See you guys in a couple weeks after my ban.

Your work has laid the foundation for greatness, factor.

Missed a big opening there. How was this not shown?

1LRY_15972227_Quidditch__AN_5199.jpg

Work gave me an iPhone today. It's my first touchscreen product of any kind. No idea what I'm doing. Is there a Duke-Forum.com app?

I post in the nude but respect the privacy of my guests.

aiw said:
Missed a big opening there. How was this not shown?

1LRY_15972227_Quidditch__AN_5199.jpg

This embarrasses me so much.
KevinStrickland probably loves it.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Work gave me an iPhone today. It's my first touchscreen product of any kind. No idea what I'm doing. Is there a Duke-Forum.com app?

Go to safari
go to duke-forum.com
hit the square button with the arrow coming out of it
hit "add to homescreen"

you now have a shortcut to DF

I consider myself a pretty smart guy, but I can't wrap my head around this article on yahoo.com

http://news.yahoo.com/atoms-reach-recor ... 05195.html

"Yet the gas is not colder than zero kelvin, but hotter. It is even hotter than at any positive temperature — the temperature scale simply does not end at infinity, but jumps to negative values instead."

aiw said:
I consider myself a pretty smart guy, but I can't wrap my head around this article on yahoo.com
I consider you a real suppository of information!

I've been waiting at least a year to use that one.

That really rectme, damn near killedme!

Wait...

aiw said:

http://news.yahoo.com/atoms-reach-recor ... 05195.html

"Yet the gas is not colder than zero kelvin, but hotter. It is even hotter than at any positive temperature — the temperature scale simply does not end at infinity, but jumps to negative values instead."

I read about that earlier. It has something to do with the way temperature is measured. The measurement is inverted in the scenario created.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom