Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Sean Obi

To that point, just being able to end 30% of possessions after a missed shot by pulling down a defensive rebound makes you a good defender.

^ I feel like that sentence says exactly what I meant it to say, and yet it's impossible to parse.

rome8180 said:
To that point, just being able to end 30% of possessions after a missed shot by pulling down a defensive rebound makes you a good defender.

True, but only up until shit like the Vermont game happens, and the bad defense leads to so few misses that the rebounding doesn't help that much.

Didn't realize he's really only been playing for four year. That's very encouraging considering how good he is already.

He's better than Casey Sanders, RIGHT NOW, broheem (did I nail the DrRick impression? It was him, right?)

Being that he's already proven he can rebound and score on a college level, I don't think we need to worry about that. I guess there's the possibility that he's maxed out, but that would be fine, honestly.

Yep. He mentions him several times in interviews on TDD and BDL.

So Scheyer is off to a great recruiting start. Hopefully he proves he can coach as well. I know he was a great leader, so he should be a good motivator. It's just about the X's and O's after that, but he was one of the smarter players we've had, so hopefully that translates.

At the very least he might provide some competition vs. Semi for the Belt this upcoming year

DurhamSon said:
Already better and more accomplished than Nate James (kinda not kidding)

Carrick Felix and Tyler Adams were two of the guys that Nate brought in that TDD got super excited for. It was unfortunate that Felix couldn't qualified academically because he was a good college player at ASU. His junior season he averaged 10 points and 4 rebounds and his senior season he averaged 14.6 and 8 rebounds a game 50% from the field and 37% from three. At an athletic 6'6 he would've brought needed height and length on the wing on last season's team and would've taken some of Josh's minutes.

Carrick eventually became an NBA player, so Nate proved he's adept at finding diamonds in the rough. What he does not seem to do is vet them as fits for Duke.

He also landed Michael Gbinije. So far he's landed a player who transferred after one year, a player who couldn't qualify, and a player who decommitted for Georgetown. I won't include Tyler Adams's heart condition on the list, because there's no way anyone could have known that.

I feel like there was someone else he landed, but I can't remember right now.

To be fair, I don't remember Wojo landing a lot of players either. Seemed like it was mostly Collins and then Capel.

rome8180 said:
Carrick eventually became an NBA player, so Nate proved he's adept at finding diamonds in the rough. What he does not seem to do is vet them as fits for Duke.

He also landed Michael Gbinije. So far he's landed a player who transferred after one year, a player who couldn't qualify, and a player who decommitted for Georgetown. I won't include Tyler Adams's heart condition on the list, because there's no way anyone could have known that.

I feel like there was someone else he landed, but I can't remember right now.

Wasn't he the point man in the Tony Parker recruitment? I know he was the one who went to Europe or whatever to watch him.

According to 247 sports...

2015-
Wojo (with Scheyer) were the lead recruiters for Kennard.

2014-
Wojo and Capel were the leads for Okafor.
Coach K and Capel were the leads for Tyus Jones
Coach K and Capel were the leads for Winslow
Jame and Wojo were the leads for Grayson Allen.

2013-
Collins was the lead for Parker

It also seems that Wojo was the lead for Chase Jeter as well since he visited Jeter on February 28th.

I guess Wojo was more involved in some of these than I thought. Still, the tweet after the trio was landed focused on Capel and didn't mention Wojo at all.

Pretty sure James was heavily involved with Parker. In addition to going to Europe, I remember Parker talking about James in interviews.

Collins was the lead recruiter for Rivers. I'm pretty sure he was lead for Irving as well.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom