Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SFA visiting fan here

SFAPurpleOut

Recruit
Hey guys,

Stephen F. Austin alum here, just booked my flight for our game in November. Really looking forward to the trip, I always try to make our biggest road games/tournaments so of course I won’t miss this one. Huge college hoops fan, and I’ve been to almost all of my bucket list places (UK, KU, UNC, etc) but haven’t been able to make a game at Cameron. Also have a Twitter account following the Southland and other Mid-Majors if anyone wants to follow along (@cbbrunthepoint).

Haven’t been on campus since 2009ish (have some family down in Salisbury), so wanted to see if you guys have a good recommendation for a place to stay and for lunch. Just coming by myself, but wouldn’t mind hitting up a bar before the game, walking campus, etc.

Also curious if you happen to know how many tickets go out to visiting fans for these non-conference games around Thanksgiving.

Thanks, will happily check back and and provide a write up/preview before our game if anyone wants it.

I see you missed the note about reading the board rules before posting...

I did, didn’t see anything that said visiting fans couldn’t ask for recommendations about a trip to your city for a game against your school.

Thanks for the warm welcome though?

Not really sure what the issue is, unless you don’t want visiting fans on your forum? Seems odd.

You literally have a thread about restaurants on your hoops board. I’ll take my questions and basketball knowledge to another board I guess.

If any of you other guys want to make your way over to the SFA forum later this year, we’ll welcome you with open arms at SFASawmill.com. And you can start your own threads too!

My guy, it's just a bit of light razzing. We're happy to have you here.

Hey guys,

Stephen F. Austin alum here, just booked my flight for our game in November. Really looking forward to the trip, I always try to make our biggest road games/tournaments so of course I won’t miss this one. Huge college hoops fan, and I’ve been to almost all of my bucket list places (UK, KU, UNC, etc) but haven’t been able to make a game at Cameron. Also have a Twitter account following the Southland and other Mid-Majors if anyone wants to follow along (@cbbrunthepoint).

Haven’t been on campus since 2009ish (have some family down in Salisbury), so wanted to see if you guys have a good recommendation for a place to stay and for lunch. Just coming by myself, but wouldn’t mind hitting up a bar before the game, walking campus, etc.

Also curious if you happen to know how many tickets go out to visiting fans for these non-conference games around Thanksgiving.

Thanks, will happily check back and and provide a write up/preview before our game if anyone wants it.
There is a big thread on the Banana Stand called "Durham, Fuck Yeah" that has lots of lunch recommendations.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom