Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Suggestion - avatar icon links on forum index page

Pantone287

Legend
On the home/forum index page, the avators next to the most-recent-threads link to the poster's profile, not the thread they posted in. This is logical, but I do, for whatever reason, find myself clicking on them a lot by accident and winding up on people's profiles. If it's a simple tweak, I would imagine those icons might be more useful linking to the thread than the poster's profile, since we don't typically intentionally visit the latter very often.

This feels like an incredibly trivial thing to bring up, given the state of the world right now. But there ya go.

When you click an avatar does it navigate to a user profile page or does it pop up a user profile overlay?

Yeah, looks like overlay if you click once, profile if you click twice (Chrome, Chrome OS).

Yeah, looks like overlay if you click once, profile if you click twice (Chrome, Chrome OS).

Ah, realized why I thought single-click did it also. I usually come to the home page and three-fingertip-click the trackpad to open each thread in new tabs, but tend to mistakenly click on the avatar and wind up with a few tabfuls of @rome8180's profile instead.

Ah, I see. I think I'm going to leave this one as is. I want to maintain the consistency of always getting the same action if you click on an avatar.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom