Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Tarik Black

And yeah, I'm not one of those fans that think Duke was dogshit before Coach K. They were a very good program, just not near the level they are now (duh).

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I would've preferred to have added Black. I don't think any addition can hurt unless (i) he is any kind of cancer for chemistry purposes or (ii) the head coach is too stupid to play his best players, so he would've played Black over superior players for irrational reasons (like Jim Leyland in baseball). I don't think either of those would've been true in this case. I don't mind seeing/knowing that 4 of the scholarship players aren't playing at all. Jefferson will be my favorite player next season, but if Black turns out to be more valuable in those minutes, I would've preferred Black. Having him would've at least opened up that possibility, though I doubt he will be better than Jefferson next season, even at the center position where apparently being 250 lbs is necessary in college, where there are actually very few decent 250+ lb players.

I don't think it would've made much difference even in the best case scenario, so it was just weird when everyone went from thinking that Duke was going to be a top 3 team next season without any transfers, to thinking that Duke was going to be **** without Tarik Black after it became known that Tarik Black was available.

I'm pretty much in this camp. I think there is a very small chance that Black could have been/would be the difference between a national title caliber team and a second tier team. I think this Duke team, as it stands right now, will start off the season somewhere between 4-6 in the country. They will be one of the 7-8 contenders going into the NCAAT. Just like in 2010, 2011 and 2013.

dukebluedevils05 said:
Now maybe we're making it somewhere. I took the comment at face value, assumed he's against having 13 players on a team and thus wouldn't take anyone, which was "weird" reasoning.

As for your post from earlier, I do disagree with most of it and perhaps will respond later when I've got more time (then maybe I can speak in something longer than one sentence generalities).

I don't want to add another guy to THIS team. There might be some hypothetical basketball team that really needs 13 dudes on it to be successful, but... well, it's tough for me to picture. We have a lot of pieces already, and I think they can fit together in a lot of cool ways. We have three guys in Amile, Marshall, and Josh who really shouldn't spend time more than 7 feet from the basket. Why would I want to add a fourth? So we can cap each of their minutes at 10 per game so they don't get tired?

Furthermore, I would much rather watch a deep small-ball squad a la 1998 than trot out some guy that was an underachiever at Memphis, playing against mediocre comp with no clear-cut pros ahead of him in the rotation.

Tarik Black said:
voodooTATUM.jpg

I ain't here to make friends. This ain’t my home. This ain’t my school. It never will be. I don’t like the food here, the music, the weather. I can definitely do without everybody going on and on about the great education I'm getting. I’m here to get noticed, get recruited and get my ass to the league. And you? You just trying to scrape by. Trying to win some games, keep up with Cal and Roy. You and me are an arranged marriage. Nothing more.

Now, you seen what I can do. You wanna start Hairston, you go right ahead.

The TB thread rises!

Those are some interesting #s. I would expect the same (or better) from Amile this year. He looks like he has prepared himself for a year of bangin' in the post #hotbod21

In this first half playing time, he put up two turnovers and nothing else in this game against UNM.

CMon85
Cadet Trooper
1800 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 4:02 PM
Re: Once you go Tarik Black, you never go back

Self isn't using him right

He just sucks. There is no reason to believe he would be doing anything good at Duke other than by using the "which man looks the biggest and strongest" test as depicted in Django Unchained.

In an alternate world, he's actually a great player. However, in this reality, he still sucks.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom