Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

Slap the Floor said:
the show underutilized the Wun Wun so badly in the battle. in the books, the giants cut down huge trees, and then they tie big rocks to the trees and swing them around in combat. It's so frustrating that the show didn't give Wun Wun a weapon or a shield. If you think about it, he could've used a massive shield of some sorts to block the incoming arrows, while also using the shield as a weapon just because it would be so big. It's frustrating that they didn't use him to his fullest capabilities, probably as a result of budget concerns.

You are so right about that. Now Seton Hall on the other hand...

aiw said:
So done? That stinks.

Yes, and they already had next season all lined up - Mr Hyde, the Mummy, etc, etc - now gone forever. Much sadness :(

I don't suppose there's a chance in hell that Netflix or somebody picks it up.

Slap the Floor said:
Pantone287 said:
(GoT)

Jon Snow is so **** stupid. He deserved to lose that battle with his ****.

Ramsay was equally as stupid
slaughtering his own army by continuously firing the arrows into the battlefield. That battle should've never had to come down to the point where they had Jon's army circled like that. That was all that was left of Ramsay's forces. He had more than Jon did, but as a result of Jon being a more inspiring leader, and Ramsay just constantly firing away he depleted what appeared to be about 4-4500 of his 6000 troops, and it appeared that Jon still had around 1000 of his left

In Braveheart Edward I used the same tactic: once the melee was created, he had his archers loose indiscriminately. When it seemed he had won, he set in his reserves and left for lunch.

I am nearly two episodes behind on Silicon Valley. I find some of the awkward humor tough to watch this season. Any scene with Erlich in particular I have to pause and take a deep breath before. It's just difficult to watch someone being that much of an oblivious blowhard.

Game of Thrones finale

Cersei naming herself Queen by force? Yeah, I don't think Dany will have any issues bringing the people to her side.

I thought Tyrion was going to cry.

Lyanna Mormont would make a nice wife for Bran to give him some balls.

Now...

TOWER OF JOY YALL. R+L=J!!!

ARYA WENT DEMON BARBER OF WINTERFELL ON WALDER'S ASS

GoT:
Arya's kill was so satisfying. I likewise look forward to Cersei getting ended. I was also left wondering if next season will see Sansa betraying Jon and Jamie betraying Cersei.

Silicon Valley finale was not great. Pretty bummed about that.

GoT

The weirdest thing kept bugging me - Did Cersei's dress (I guess that was a dress?) have a zipper up the front? There shouldn't be any zippers. That bothered me to an exaggerated degree.

When does Jamie finally kill Cersei? I guess not next season, it'll leave us with no major villains.

I hope Tyrion finds a nice girl. He deserves one.

Sansa would be smart to have Little Finger whacked. He's going to try to cause problems for them.

I'm glad that the theories flying around about Varys betraying Daenarys have - seemingly - been proven wrong

Poor Daario.

And now I have to wait about a year for the next season. Maybe that long for the next book, too. GRRM says "January" on the next one, but I'm not sure he specified which year. I guess I can re-watch the whole show and re-read all the books until then.

A wonderful finale. Now just 13 more episodes to go.

The endorsement for King of the North gave me chills. Lady Mormont is a boss. Straight up called out the unloyal households that abandoned the Starks.

Littlefinger is definitely going to ruin things.

Arya doin' Arya things.

Cersei's reign is gonna be short as hell.

So... with the North, Vale, Highgarden, Dorne, and Daenerys against Cersei, how do you all see the final war shaping up? Does everyone unite behind Daenerys and the war lasts one day? Does the North get destroyed by the White Walkers and the southern houses + Daenerys? Does Daenerys let Jon keep the north since he is a cousin and call everyone to defend against the White Walkers?

Watched 9 of 10 episodes of GoT season 6 so far today. Now on the finale. I feel like this season moved much faster than the others, with too much happiness, too many loose ends tied up with deus ex machina stuff, like the undead army in Return of the King. Wanted to be sad more.

I am firmly on #TeamCersei in the battle of flawed human vs. hypocritical witch next season. I read through all the comments here and was surprised there hasn't been more of an anti-hero vibe felt by everyone else for Cersei.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I am firmly on #TeamCersei in the battle of flawed human vs. hypocritical witch next season. I read through all the comments here and was surprised there hasn't been more of an anti-hero vibe felt by everyone else for Cersei.

Did you watch the final episode yet? If not, don't read the spoiler.

Hodor was pretty fucking sad. Rickon could have been sad if they'd bothered to mention him in the last 4~ years. Tommen jumping out of a window would have been sad if it hadn't reminded me so much of that "man jumps out of window" gif from the IT Crowd. Everybody getting burned alive in the sept or whatever that building was, was pretty sad.

Fuck Cersei. In interviews, the writers are very sympathetic towards her character. They see her as a mother who loves her family above all else and will do anything to protect them. What I see is a cruel, manipulative bitch. Tyrion is her family, yet she always treated him like shit. She also treated Sansa like shit, with no cause. She's just a fucking bitch.

HBO is trying to pimp Westworld as the "replacement" for GoT. No.

It's been confirmed that the next two seasons will each only be 6-7 episodes long, and season 7 may not begin until mid/late May. Fortunately GRRM is working diligently to get his latest, now-behind-the-show book out by this January, so I can get all caught up on things I already saw. Meanwhile, I'm going to have to re-read and re-watch everything else.

I wish I liked the show so that I didn't have to wait for the book. Even if I liked it though, I have this thing where I have to read the book first (not out of snobbishness but because I genuinely can't enjoy a book if I have all the data in visual form already in my head).

As for Cersei, I did feel somewhat more sympathetic to her once GRMM started introducing her POV. The walk of shame especially put me on her side.

But I think it's also worth pointing out that SMTTEM was on Walter White's side for the entirety of Breaking Bad.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom