Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Victory Bell at UNC Saturday Night

Inveigle

All American
Drake Maye makes ACC history with passing and rushing yards

Game: Duke Blue Devils (6-3) vs North Carolina Tar Heels (7-2)

Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 8pm kick off.

TV: ACCN

Odds/Point Spread: Tar Heels (-9)

Total/Over-Under: 50.5

The Tar Heels step onto the field holding a record of 7-2 for this season. The last time they took the gridiron, the Tar Heels walked away with a victory by a final of 59-7 when they faced the Campbell Fighting Camels. Drake Maye (4 TDs) finished the game with 244 yards on 16/23 through the air while his quarterback rating was 216.1. He didn't toss any picks and his average yards per pass attempt was 10.6. Omarion Hampton carried the ball 15 times for 144 yds, ending the game with 9.6 yards per carry for North Carolina. North Carolina rushed for 8.4 yards per attempt, finishing the contest with 276 yards on 33 attempts. The Tar Heels finished the contest with 594 yards and they ran 61 plays (9.7 yds per play). The Tar Heels pass defense allowed a completion percentage of 67.6%, surrendering 185 yds on 25 out of 37 through the air. North Carolina gave up 42 attempts on the ground for 102 yds (2.4 yds per carry).

The Duke Blue Devils come into this matchup with a record of 6-3 this season. In their last game, the Blue Devils faced off with the Wake Forest Demon Deacons and notched a win by a score of 24-21. Grayson Loftis connected on 7/19 with 86 yards passing and 1 touchdown. He had a QB rate of 81.7 and finished the game with 1 pick. Jaquez Moore was the best rusher for the Blue Devils with 11 totes for 76 yards (6.9 yards per carry). The Duke Blue Devils ended up rushing 41 different times and accrued 181 yds, which came out to an average of 4.4 yds per carry. In all, they ran 60 plays which gave them a total of 267 yds. Duke surrendered 16 pass completions on 19 attempts for a total of 241 yards, and a completion rate of 84.2%. Against the run, the Blue Devils gave up 159 yds on 47 attempts, which is 3.4 yards per rush surrendered.

The more I look at this game the more I actually believe Duke has a shot at winning out right. But playing in Chapel Hill I'd say makes the Tar Heels favored. Look for Elko to use Duke's running backs to pound the ground and keep the ball out of Drake Maye's hands while controlling the clock. Look for Carolina to pressure Duke's third string QB while also airing it out.

Duke covers but loses this one. My prediction;

Duke 24
UNC 31

UNC’s rush defense is weak. Our one shot at winning is ramming the ball down their throats. Hopefully Barton will be back healthy for this one. I just don’t have much confidence here given our injuries, generally shit play since Riley went down @ FSU, and the fact that nothing has gone right for us in the UNC series since 2018. They never seem to play down for us, either, unlike when facing UVA, State, GT, etc.

UNC 28
Duke 20

Last edited:
The only reason for optimism is that Elko simply has to win this game, otherwise it starts to become an anchor around his neck. If I am a bigger program hiring him away, I don't want to see an 0-fer against his rival.

The line is down to -12 for Chump hill. Nothing would be finer than beating Carolina to shut them up about the basketball game.

Amazing that all these controversial calls are against Carolina AND in a losing effort. The shit just never ends.

The Miami lateral game was the biggest loss I can remember that was reviewed without overturning. Against Carolina they're not even reviewed.

You can read the entire thing in the background if you want

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom