Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Tre Jones

Axe I thought you cited Tre as 23% from 3 and only 70% from the line?

Yep. But like I said, that was mostly from 2017 AAU. I think he has improved quite a bit. He had a game this year in which he went 10/10 on FT.

The same statistics source had Reddish only hitting 27% from 3, and Reddish has made a huge leap his senior year. Reddish will be one of the best shooters in the country. He's supersized Trent. He's at 47% just over his last two games that I've recorded. 17 attempts. He shot 54% on 24 attempts for Team USA in Cairo. He is also 10-10 on FT his last two games. Was 11-11 at Peach Jam.

Made free throw: check
Made 3-pointer: check
Full-court assist: check
Steal and layup for 2,000th point: check

Tre Stones.

You do realize these videos are edited, right? I'm as deadly as Steph Curry in my Anno Domini Beats highlight vids ;)

Although he's going to be coming in with a lot of expectations and responsibilities, he can be half as good as I think he is and still be twice as good as Trevon Duval.

Just watched Tre Jones play against Shakopee.

38 points, 8 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 turnovers

13-20 on FG (10-12 on 2 pointers and 3-8 on 3 pointers)

9-9 on FT (not a single one hit the rim)

He truly is incredible. His shot is superb now. Looks like Tyus out there. Probably the number 1 player in the country in terms of 1-year college impact.

The anti-Duval.

:hearteyes:

I am now excited for next year based on him, alone.

Highlights from the other night for those interested.

The only thing it doesn't show is his 9-9 FT shooting.

I finally got my hands on Tre Jones COMPLETE senior year statistics today (through 20 games). I have spent the afternoon combing over the numbers.

He has a true shooting % of .606 as a senior at Apple Valley. Trae Young's TS% as a freshman at OU? .606.

Luke Kennard's as a sophomore? .629. Sophomore Grayson Allen? .616.

Trevon Duval's? .502.

Tre Jones' assist-to-turnover ratio this year is 2.56. Trae Young's at OU is 1.77. Duval's is 2.16.

Tre Jones is shooting a remarkable 59.30% on 2-point shots. Having seen several of his games, he is a fantastic finisher (much better than Duval, which was supposed to be his strength) and has a sweet midrange game with pullups and floaters.

Thanks Axe. Duval was a good finisher to start the year but has really gotten worse over the past few games and definitely has no pull up or floater game to speak of

Thanks Axe. Duval was a good finisher to start the year but has really gotten worse over the past few games and definitely has no pull up or floater game to speak of

My pleasure.

Here are the complete stats (meant to post them earlier):

G: 20
PPG: 24.05
APG: 6.4
RPG: 9.8
SPG: 3.7
TOVPG: 2.5
A-TOV Ratio: 2.56
FG: 176-340 (51.76%)
2 pt FG: 149-251 (59.30%)
3 pt FG: 27-89 (30.30%)
FT: 102-129 (79.06%)
TS%: .606

He was shooting 23% from 3 and 70% on FT this summer at EYBL, so I am happy with the progress. He will keep improving.

There are 6 games left in the regular season for Apple Valley. Huge game tomorrow against 20-2 Lakeville North, which will be broadcast at 8:00 ET online. Here is the link: http://prepspotlight.tv/MSHSL

My confidence in Tre Jones is higher than everyone in this class. RJ Barrett is close behind and then Reddish and then a big drop to Zion.

I think Reddish has the biggest upside, but Tre and RJ will likely be more consistent. I wouldn't be surprised if Reddish led us in scoring, though, due to being the best three-point shooter.

Tre and Reddish are built to be Duke players. I'm interested to see how K used Barrett and Zion. I still think a Tre-Barrett-Cam-Z-Bolden lineup can be pretty damn good for K. Probably the #1 ranked offense with ease. I'd be shocked if that teams posts a top 50 D ranking though.

I think Reddish has the biggest upside, but Tre and RJ will likely be more consistent. I wouldn't be surprised if Reddish led us in scoring, though, due to being the best three-point shooter.

Reddish is ridiculous from deep. I was watching his warmups against Shipley the other day and he took straight 6 triples: made all 6. It was effortless.

Three guys are hitting 50% this year from 3 (Jaylen Adams from St. Bonaventure being most notable), Wouldn't be surprised to see Reddish do it.

The weekend that sent Reddish to the number 1 spot, he scored 87 points in 2 games and shot 14-22 from 3 (64%!!!!) You can say small sample on that, but he shot 13-24 (54%) for John Calipari's Team USA. Then the game I watched against Massanutten, he was 6-12 (50%) from 3.

Tre and Reddish are built to be Duke players. I'm interested to see how K used Barrett and Zion. I still think a Tre-Barrett-Cam-Z-Bolden lineup can be pretty damn good for K. Probably the #1 ranked offense with ease. I'd be shocked if that teams posts a top 50 D ranking though.
Tre, Barrett, and Bolden are good defenders.

Other two have potential.

Why do I see people list Cam as the starting two next year? I feel like Cam would be the prototypical Duke 4 if not for Zion. Barrett seems like a typical Duke wing who will be forced to slide down to the 2, Cam forced to slide to the 3 and Z mans the 4 and possibly eats the 5.

Why do I see people list Cam as the starting two next year? I feel like Cam would be the prototypical Duke 4 if not for Zion. Barrett seems like a typical Duke wing who will be forced to slide down to the 2, Cam forced to slide to the 3 and Z mans the 4 and possibly eats the 5.

This is just my opinion: Cam would not be a good 4. He is not nasty or big (muscle wise) enough. He is a perimeter guy all the way, IMO. I'd rather have Barrett at the 4. Zion is obv. my plan A but if Trent comes back I'd be fine with Barrett at the 4 and Zion at the 5.

Barrett is far thicker than Reddish, imo. Seems more like it would be Reddish at the 3 and Barrett at the 4.

Then again, Ingram mostly played the 4 at Duke. K doesn't exactly require a banger down there.

Barrett is far thicker than Reddish, imo. Seems more like it would be Reddish at the 3 and Barrett at the 4.

Then again, Ingram mostly played the 4 at Duke. K doesn't exactly require a banger down there.

It also makes me feel good when we see the same thing.

Hell, Calipari had Reddish playing point guard over in Cairo.

Reddish is much better suited to play the 4 than Barrett. Barrett is more of a 2.

I swear people talk about college positions like it's the NBA (and like they've never watched Duke basketball).

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom