Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Hosts Duke Saturday, GTHC!

Inveigle

All American
For the past three years — and five of the last seven — the Victory Bell has resided in Durham in a serious reversal from two decades of dominance by North Carolina. Prior to the Blue Devils’ recent success, the Tar Heels had won 21 of 22 games in the series from 1990-2011. GTHC

The Blue Devils (4-3, 2-2) and the Tar Heels (3-4, 2-2) are both in the Coastal Division mix behind division leaders Virginia and Pittsburgh with the loser seemingly playing itself out of the race. GTHC

North Carolina QB Sam Howell has been tough to stop during his freshman season with the Tar Heels. Howell matched a school record with five touchdown passes in last week's six-overtime loss to Virginia Tech, and has reached the 300-yard mark in three of his last four games. Next up is a Duke team that has held six straight opponents to fewer than 270 yards passing. GTHC

Kick Off at 4pm from Kenan Stadium,

By the way, GTHC

This game will make or break the season. Lose, and our bowl chances are probably 50-50 at best. Plus it would suck to fall to Mack in his first year back.

Really hoping the pitiful performances against Pitt (for a half and on their final drive) and UVA were outliers. They dominate us every year, and we looked competent against the Techs, so this game will tell us a lot.

UNC just suffered a demoralizing loss in 6OTs @ VT and is really banged up, especially on defense. I'm not ready to concede defeat to Mack yet. Doesn't mean I am feeling confident about the game, however.

UNC just suffered a demoralizing loss in 6OTs @ VT and is really banged up, especially on defense. I'm not ready to concede defeat to Mack yet. Doesn't mean I am feeling confident about the game, however.

This is a perfect opportunity for Duke-

*uNC's OL is beaten up, three starters out
*They are ranked last in the ACC giving up 374 yards a game, Quentin is the ACC's leading rusher amongst QB's
*They have a Freshman at QB, Duke has a 5th Year Senior
*Howell has been sacked 24 times for 140 yards, Quentin 7 times for 50 yards

But again, Duke cannot afford turnovers and stupid penalties which is the main reason for the last two week's losses

GTHC

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom