Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Video Games

I can't stop laughing at this. Remember, I'm drunk. Read whole thread

Also, God of War is an incredible video game experience. Best game I've played in years.

I need some fortnite partners. Surely there are 3 TDF members willing to die with me on a regular basis.

The reviewer embargo for Xbox Series S and X ended today. Basically all the reviews for the X are like “it’s an amazing machine but unless you have a TV with HDMI 2.1 input and 4K 120hz refresh rate, you won’t even enjoy the hardware benefits. Oh and there’s no launch exclusives for it, and there’s only one game that actually takes advantage of the 120hz output, with nothing on the horizon to sometime in 2022 or 2023 at earliest”.

It’s maddening how new TVs run 2 to 3 years ahead of console and streaming technology, and 5 to 10 years ahead of broadcast technology. Like buying a new car that can’t run on 95% of highways when you get it and won’t run on any backroads for another half decade. What is the upside for ever paying for a TV that’s not been on shelf for at least 36 months?

If it had backwards compatibility I would get the S for sure, alas there’s no disk drive and the only 360 era games as far as I can tell come from a limited catalog game library streaming service, which appears to suck right now. But the hardware for only $300 is an incredible bargain.

Last edited:
Rollout for the SeriesX has been a disaster so far. Don't know wtf Microsoft was expecting, but 10 million consoles or w/e world wide is woefully insufficient. Tons of people with PRE-orders got cancellation and big delay notices already from Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, etc.

Walmart put some for online pickup yesterday at 12... they were gone in less than 15 seconds, most likely bots. Big box stores aren't liable to even have more *available* until a small batch before black friday, and maybe christmas, but those too will be snapped up quickly. Might be closer to mid-late Q1 before this thing is actually on shelves. Disaster level rollout and the worst of any major next gen console i've ever seen. Sclapers are selling them for an average of an 80% premium right now; I wouldn't even think of it until that comes down to 20% at most.

Been similar across the board in consumer electronics, especially gaming-related hardware. I'm in a similar boat waiting on 3080 GPUs to be readily-available since I built a new PC recently, but the 2080S will hold me over until next year anyway. On the console side it's a bigger deal since it's a whole self-contained unit (with some exclusive titles), can definitely empathize.

Generally, lots of disruption in supply chain this year that has trickled into other functions. Big tech companies dealing in hardware are having to hire engineering and operations teams in Asia instead of the US because of real or anticipated travel restrictions/poor domestic handling of COVID. Plus the tariffs are causing lots of companies to move manufacturing from China to places like Vietnam. Result is terrible product launches across the board.

Was picking up some breakfast this morning and for the hell of it pulled up Popfindr... which showed several in stock at a nearby store. Assumed it was outdated info but just in case swung by on the way home and sure enough, there were half a dozen just sitting on the shelves. No fanfare, or line, or people scrambling. Just another transaction like any other. These consoles are still going for a 60%+ markup on Ebay and Craigslist so there still appears to be some disconnect.

Last edited:
Didn’t see this thread was here. My next chance is probably going to be Black Friday. Walmart’s site is the absolute worst. The bots are just getting everything. I kind of think this is what Sony wanted to drive up the competition. As you said Dson the Northeast is a disaster. I haven’t heard of anyone finding one in a store and I’ve checked since Launch day not a single one to be found. I’m not in a huge rush and definitely am not shelling out $1500

Walmart’s site was such a shit show on Thursday. I managed to get all the way to the page to hit “place order” after backing out of error pages constantly but it quickly became an error page again before I could hit the final button. I was happy to see them cancel all orders placed during that debacle.

Also idk if anybody played Mafia 2 back in the day but they just redid the original mafia. Curious if anyone has played it.

My daughter and I decided our COVID-year project would be 100 percent completion of RDR2. We recently did it, but my god it was a labor of love. Possibly the most tedious experience of my life.

My daughter and I decided our COVID-year project would be 100 percent completion of RDR2. We recently did it, but my god it was a labor of love. Possibly the most tedious experience of my life.
i just tried to replay it like a month ago. Beautiful game but finishing it can feel like a chore at times

Got a Switch this week. Holding off on the PS5 for a while. Feels like a waste at the moment with no back button on the controller.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom