Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Western Washington at Duke - Pregame/Predictions

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
The Vikings of Western Washington University are the defending champions of Division II. They return 5 of their top 7 players from their championship team.

They were tied with the University of Washington in their first exhibition game this season with less than 7:00 left in the game, before losing by 10 points. The Huskies were picked by Pac-12 coaches to finish 4th in the conference and were picked to be the 5th team outside the NCAA Tournament bubble by Joe Lunardi.

wwuchampsjpg-2045165_frame_01_640x360.jpg

xIIsm.St.74.jpg

A team full of Jimmer's. Watch them rain down the threes.

As long as there are no more bullshit 1pt wins against crap teams like we saw last year with Belmont.

12 points, 8 rebounds for Gbinije. Oh, wait, that was supposed to be my prediction this time last year.
Mason, 18 points, 12 boards, and a block.

I predict Murphy will get a triple double of dunks, offensive rebounds and blocks. Complete dominants.

We will be lethargic and shitty in the first half and eventually win by 20.

Cook will have 10+ assists.

For real though, I bet we'll have an easier time with patsies and semi-patsies this season than last. Cook should help the offense avoid sluggish starts against inferior defenders, and "Mutombo" Murphy should be physically superior enough at SF to give us a little more margin for error on both ends.

I like that Duke athletics wants us to pay money to watch this so that we feel stuck not supporting Duke football for the 1st quarter against FSU.

Pantone287 said:
For real though, I bet we'll have an easier time with patsies and semi-patsies this season than last. Cook should help the offense avoid sluggish starts against inferior defenders, and "Mutombo" Murphy should be physically superior enough at SF to give us a little more margin for error on both ends.

But wait, Curry was at his best against weak opposition. It was when we really needed him that he tanked.

rome8180 said:
Like against NC State?

That was a game he took over, yes. But I agree with the general idea that Curry's performances are dependent on quality of defenders more so than others on the team. At VT is also a game that Curry has struggled.

I just thought the barb against Curry came out of nowhere since Curry wasn't even mentioned in Pantone's post.

Also, he's had several good games against UNC. Curry has been a good player for us and there's no reason (if he's not too injured) to think he won't be better this year).

rome8180 said:
I just thought the barb against Curry came out of nowhere since Curry wasn't even mentioned in Pantone's post.

Also, he's had several good games against UNC. Curry has been a good player for us and there's no reason (if he's not too injured) to think he won't be better this year).

His first year playing for Duke he completely ran over UNC. The anti-Kelly so to speak.

To be fair, UNC's weakness has always been defending the three. That SHOULD be different this year, but somehow I think it's something inherent in Roy's defensive schemes.

dukeofcalabash said:
Pantone287 said:

But wait, Curry was at his best against weak opposition. It was when we really needed him that he tanked.

His top scoring nights were:

26: NCSU (comeback win)
22: Miami (OT win), W. Michigan
20: Michigan State (5 point win)
19: VT (OT win), Maryland
18: BC

He was inconsistent and struggled in the postseason, which might have had something to do with Kelly being out. However, I don't think the bolded is a fair characterization.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom