Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Winston-Salem State at Duke

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
From the official site of Winston-Salem State University athletics:

6z8hk9md75vlpd0d.jpg

Winston-Salem State University's Marcus Wells, Justin Glover and WyKevin Bazemore have been named to the 2012-13 All-CIAA Preseason Men's Basketball Team, while the WSSU Rams were predicted to win the CIAA Southern Division.

Marcus Wells (Sr, 6-2, 185, PG, Durham, NC/Southern Durham HS), last year's starter, returns for his senior season at point guard for the WSSU Rams. Known as the heart and soul of the team, Wells averaged 6.3 points, 3.8 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 2.2 steals per game in 2011-12.

Justin Glover (Sr, G, 6-3, 195, Siler City, NC/Davidson County CC) an all-CIAA selection and CIAA Tournament most valuable player, who scored better than 15 points (15.2) per game for the season for Winston-Salem State, while also averaging 3.2 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.6 steals an outing. A four-time CIAA Rookie of the Week selection, Glover posted double-figure point totals in 28 games last season, including a season-best 25 points against Fayetteville State. He was named a HBCU All-American and also was selected to the North Carolina Collegiate Sports Information Association (NCCSIA) All-State team.

WyKevin Bazemore (So, F, 6-5, 200, Kelford, NC/Bertie HS) averaged 10.5 points per game to go along with a CIAA leading 8.4 rebounds per game. He also averaged 1.1 steals per game and had 12 blocked shots. He scored in double figures in 12 of WSSU's 25 games and has 7 games in double figure scoring to go with 6 double-doubles. He has led WSSU in scoring four times, in rebounds 12 times, in steals twice and six times in blocked shots. Bazemore is a 3-time CIAA Rookie of the Week, one time CIAA player of the Week, and 2011-12 CIAA Rookie of the Year. Bazemore's season high is 24 points, 17 rebounds, two assists (twice) two steals (twice) and two blocked shots. He added All-CIAA honors to his list of accomplishments, as well as being named a HBCU All-American.

2012-13 CIAA Men's Basketball Predicted Order of Finish (Southern Division)

1. Winston-Salem State
2. Shaw
3. Johnson C. Smith
4. Fayetteville State
5. Livingstone
6. St. Augustine's

Note: Shaw lost to UNC in UNC's first exhibition game, 81-54. Shaw did not have any players named to the All-CIAA preseason team. WSSU has not yet played an exhibition game.

I would legit not be surprised if this game were a legitimate battle that we didn't pull out until the final minutes.

We will have trouble with a guy named WyKevin

I've never seen this place so empty 15 minutes before a game

Lower ticket prices for crap games like that and I'd be there.

is there a way for me to follow this without BDN?

Topher said:
is there a way for me to follow this without BDN?
Yes. Bob Harris will be live-chatting the game exclusively here at Duke Forum. You're welcome guys.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom