Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player R.J. Barrett

torontoduke

Legend
All indications are that he will be reclassifying to '18. Duke would be in the mix, but it will be interesting to see what happens given the Devils are looking pretty good with several other top prospects in the class of '18. From a fan perspective, one may feel better about Duke's chances if R.J. remained in the class of '19 (less competition, he would 100% be given a featured role).

http://www.tsn.ca/canada-downs-italy-to-win-u19-basketball-world-cup-1.800395

I would say he is the best basketball prospect our country has ever produced. A special dude.

If he reclassifies, I would take he and Bagley if it meant losing out on Reddish, Emmit Williams and Garland. I would make that trade without a moment of hesitation. Barrett and Bagley are going to dominate college basketball. Hopefully it will be together at Duke. (It won't be)

This kid is just a total savant. Watch him move without the ball and use screens.

He's the only player I want in 2018 more than Tre Jones. He might be a pro already.

Also impressed with a couple of reads he made for assists in that video. And his shooting stroke looks beautiful. Don't even mind the midrange shots. Feels more like the kind of midrange shots Kennard or Curry would take than Tatum.

Is he so good he pushes us back to wanting Bagley in '17 b/c of the idea they won't play together?

Is he so good he pushes us back to wanting Bagley in '17 b/c of the idea they won't play together?

Is there talk that Barrett and Bagley don't want to play together? I'd think obviously we'd rather have Bagley in '17 and RJ in '18 over just RJ or Bagley in '18. RJ (assuming Duke lands him) needs to be our main option on offense. I love his game and K is masterful with getting guys like him plenty of opportunities. I wonder Bagley's role in Duke's offense and if he will buy into being a 3rd/4th option while dominating the boards and playing solid defense.

Should I know anything about RJ Barrett? Literally never heard of him before toronto started this thread. Is it because he's Canadian?

Should I know anything about RJ Barrett? Literally never heard of him before toronto started this thread. Is it because he's Canadian?
IMO, he's the most skilled current high school player. I reached this conclusion after watching roughly 15 minutes of highlight videos.

Probably a top 5 prospect coming out of HS since LeBron.

Greg Oden
Andre Drummond
Andrew Wiggins
Jahlil Okafor
RJ Barrett

Amazing company to be in.

If he's from Canada and Duke is recruiting him he will probably end up in Texas.

Is there talk that Barrett and Bagley don't want to play together? I'd think obviously we'd rather have Bagley in '17 and RJ in '18 over just RJ or Bagley in '18. RJ (assuming Duke lands him) needs to be our main option on offense. I love his game and K is masterful with getting guys like him plenty of opportunities. I wonder Bagley's role in Duke's offense and if he will buy into being a 3rd/4th option while dominating the boards and playing solid defense.
Welcome, burksballer! Glad to have you here at Duke Forum.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom