Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player R.J. Barrett

If what Topher says about Barrett is true, I expect us to go really hard after Zion.

Tre + 1 other PG + Reddish is simply not going to be good enough given the lack of OAD bigs in the class.

A class with Tre, Dotson, Reddish, Zion, and McCormack could work.

I have never liked Zion's game one bit. DO not want him here expecting shots.
I actually agree Son. Volume shooter, tweener and don't see him having a great pro career at all. Barrett, Reddish, Langford is my top 3. In that order.

I'm not the biggest Zion fan either. His realistic comparison strikes me as Julius Randle.

I wanted Zion at Duke. If Duke is never going to be a threat in the NCAAT, the fans might as well be treated to some posterizing dunks.

Exactly. Short term we get treated to higher quality DBP Top 5 Plays videos. Longterm, we get to win arguments on the internet by posting DBP graphics about how much money Duke BB alums are making in the NBA. I'll never understand fans who aren't 100% invested in seeing a Bagley or Zion at Duke.

Believe me, Id take him in a heart beat. But if we can only get one superstar, he's not the guy I'd take.

I think we'll get Barrett and Reddish. Zion to UK.

You can call me an optimist if you want, but outside of Knox, Krzyzewski and Capel typically get who they want this decade.

Little did I know during the Bamba recruitment that Master Krzyzewski was eyeing someone better. Haha.

I make the comparison because I think he has the same body type as Randle and the same problem as Randle: no true position. In fact, Randle has the advantage of being two inches taller. An even less flattering comparison would be Anthony Bennett.

I might buy the Randle comparison, but I don't see the Bennett comparison at all. Randle has some decent ball skills for a big guy. Bennett has none. From what I've seen, Zion would have one of the better handles on Duke's roster if he were to suit up this season.

I personally don't like Zion. I see more Shabazz Muhammad in him than Randle. I think he's a fine player, but relative to his hype, I think his 'bust' potential is pretty high.

I think we'll get Barrett and Reddish. Zion to UK.

You can call me an optimist if you want, but outside of Knox, Krzyzewski and Capel typically get who they want this decade.

Little did I know during the Bamba recruitment that Master Krzyzewski was eyeing someone better. Haha.

More like Capel was eyeing someone better. Pretty sure Coach K did jack shit.

I personally don't like Zion. I see more Shabazz Muhammad in him than Randle. I think he's a fine player, but relative to his hype, I think his 'bust' potential is pretty high.
This is why I love Barrett. Zion's "ceiling" may be even higher, but Barrett is as polished a product as exists in high school. Guaranteed he averages an efficient 17+ on whatever team he plays for.

This is why I love Barrett. Zion's "ceiling" may be even higher, but Barrett is as polished a product as exists in high school. Guaranteed he averages an efficient 17+ on whatever team he plays for.

I think he's a better version of Tatum, and I am a big fan of Tatum. We would look at Tatum a bit differently had he been healthy the whole year and was able to go through those growing pains he had in ACC play in the OOC schedule instead.

Our country has never really had a player quite like him. His skills are so far ahead of anyone else Canada has had at his age.

Outside of skill set, the only other guy with a motor like RJ in our national program is Tristan Thompson.

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom