Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2014-15 ACC games

Looks boring to me.

XvpRDKL.png

Some of these seem like really good matchups. Some seem easy as shit.

UNC will win that by 20+. Virginia will probably lose, inexplicably, and then beat us later in the season.

Besides the game where Duke gets their ass kicked -- which everyone loves -- the most entertaining game will be the OSU-Louisville game, in my opinion.

LOL

ACC-- We'll take your best teams, move to your city, and then play on the same night.

What a giant middle finger to the Big East.

This fucks everything up. Used to be able to go to quarterfinals pm session on Fri, semi on Sat, final on Sunday without needing to take off work. Now quarters (best day) on Thursday, semi on Fri (probably both at night, though) and Sat night.

What are everyone's thoughts on the 30-second shot clock for ACC exhibition games or just a shorter shot clock in general? I guess I'll just post here what I put on TDD:

As a Duke fan, I'm excited about this. Shorter shotclocks = more possessions which in theory favors the more talented team which is usually Duke. But as a college basketball fan, 30 seconds is as short as I want the shotclock to go. I agree with those who are arguing that college players just aren't good enough at creating offense to be put in endless end-of-clock situations like the NBA players are. I think 24 seconds would make games sloppier even if the scoring increased - kind of like the stupid foul rules did this past year.

This will actually force Coach k to play at a faster pace, instead of just talking about it in the preseason.

Of course, it will force everyone else to play at a faster pace too. So we'll still likely just be average, relative to competition. Whether having everyone's tempo increase will benefit us is tough for me to predict. It might lead to fewer defensive breakdowns, I guess?

So we won't be able to stall anymore, but our defense will be better. Might be a good trade.

{Full disclosure: after being on the road for 18 hours, I was too lazy to read the article. I just read the numbered, bolded parts.]

The ACC played a full season with a 30 second shot clock and a 17'9 3 point line back in the 80's. Actually saw my first game in Cameron that year, with a Dawkins and Alarie led Duke team beating a Mark Price and John Salley lead, Cremins coached GIT team. It was really fun basketball. The 17'9 3 point shot was way more of a factor than the shot clock, IMO.

Was it a regulation sized peach basket? I'll bet those set shots were fun to watch live!

rhfarmer said:
Did you guys really not know about that?

I knew about it simply from looking at Dawkins's stats. There is only one year when he has three-point attempts (and it's not his senior year).

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom