Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2019 ACC Tournament

Who could have seen a great UVA season coming? I think it was truly a surprise to everyone...

I was apologizing for saying they never deserved a #1 seed again after embarrassing the conference last season! I have the right to change my opinion, there is no need to be an asshat about it, Shav.

UVA is the slight favorite in Vegas over Duke. Given the difference in projected paths, I believe Duke would be favored over UVA head to head if they met tomorrow. Duke will be favored over UNC if Roy is dumb and tries to win on Thursday.

Put up a banner and secure a #1 seed - tall order, but I think the Devils will accomplish that in this year's ACCT.

Louisville has been terrible lately - 3-7 in their last 10 games. But surprisingly Torvik has them at #25 in that span of games since Feb 1st which is much higher than I would have thought. He has Duke at #26 since Feb 19th (3-3 in 6 games without Zion).

UNC is going to have a hard time losing to GT or ND. We all know UL will do UNC the favor of losing their first game.

Can't say I have much faith in Syracuse to get to the game against us, either. Their closing stretch was tough, but they still have lost six of their last nine.

On the other hand, I'm really not sure I can envision either BC or Pitt actually winning two straight tournament games.

Put up a banner and secure a #1 seed - tall order, but I think the Devils will accomplish that in this year's ACCT.
If we put up a banner, I just don't see how we're not the East 1. We can make up for the shit storm we've caused the past couple weeks with just 3 wins from a Zion-driven team. Would certainly give us an easier path in the big dance (no UK, yes MSU), along with a much needed momentum boost.

Roy will probably play Leakee Black and the such for 25-30 minutes on Thursday just to avoid Zion.

Not looking forward to this tournament. UNCs odds of beating Duke and UVA back to back are slim to none so I’d rather just lose in the quarterfinal and take our 2 seed.

Well, you could always beat Duke. Go 3-0 over us for maybe the first time ever (haven't fact-checked that). Get a 1 seed, and in the process prevent us from getting one.

Duke fans are looking forward to this tournament as a chance to prevent a UNC season sweep, a chance for Zion to get reps with the team before the ACCT, and a chance to get back the 1 seed we lost while he was out.

I don’t remember the last time a team in the rivalry went 3-0 in a year. Probably has to be the Doherty 8-20 year. I’d probably trade places with Duke in this bracket if we had the chance. Louisville is sliding but they have the personnel to beat UNC. Syracuse made 14 3s and still lost. Of course this could all become mute when Cuse or Louisville loses their first games. I’m out sick from work so I look forward to watching the Les Robinson invitational today. This is going to be some bad bad basketball

I don’t remember the last time a team in the rivalry went 3-0 in a year. Probably has to be the Doherty 8-20 year. I’d probably trade places with Duke in this bracket if we had the chance. Louisville is sliding but they have the personnel to beat UNC. Syracuse made 14 3s and still lost. Of course this could all become mute when Cuse or Louisville loses their first games. I’m out sick from work so I look forward to watching the Les Robinson invitational today. This is going to be some bad bad basketball

Fairly certain this is correct, in 2002. JWill's last team beat UNC three times. Duke and UNC played in the ACC quarterfinals that year.

Duke (6) went 3-0 in 1952, 1964, 1966, 1988, 1999 and 2002
UNC (8) went 3-0 in 1937, 1950, 1957, 1959, 1967, 1973, 1974, 1976

Teams played 4 times in 1960 (UNC 3-1). Dixie Classic, 2 reg season games and ACCT

Nearly all UNC 3rd wins were in the regular season in either the Dixie Classic (1949-1961, ended due to UNC and State point shaving) or the Big Four tournament (1971-1981). 1967 was in the ACCT. I don't know why they played 3 times in 1937.

Duke had 1 Dixie Classic 3rd win and the rest were in the ACCT.

Last edited:
Per wiki, the third game in 1937 was the Southern Conference Tournament. Also per wiki, looks like Duke swept 3-0 in 1988.

It’s been a while since any team has done, and it was before most of us were alive since UNC has done it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom