Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player AJ Griffin

Son of ex-NBA player Adrian Griffin, good player on one of USA basketball junior teams. Basically a lot like Justise Winslow, maybe a bit less athletic and a bit more skilled with the ball than Winslow at same age.

On that USA U16 team that won some competition in Brazil this summer, he was the third-leading scorer, and had 11 assists, 13 steals, and just 3 turnovers in 4 games.

Who? Is this good?
For real. Feel like we've gotten so many commitments lately from guys I haven't even heard about. But perhaps last season's loss with Zion has been tempering my enthusiasm/expectations moving forward.

Last edited:
Love the 7 foot wingspan and the fact he's known for his defense. Could be a Winslow-type player for us, which I'm always about.

I've read a few people on this forum mention "I've never even heard of this commitment" and tbh that is just probably just a result of your decreased interest in recruiting, or that your life has gotten busier and you don't have the time to follow it.

Recruiting information on who Duke is targeting is even more accessible now than it was 10 years ago due to 247 and the Crystal Ball thing they have. AJ Griffin is a top 10 recruit and is the son of Adrian Griffin. It's not like this is when Jordan Goldwire or Jack White committed to us randomly.

Love the 7 foot wingspan and the fact he's known for his defense. Could be a Winslow-type player for us, which I'm always about.

@rome8180 has posted some stats on him. I think his shooting is a bit of an unknown right now- there are shooting stats he has which provide both signs of encouragement and negativity, but I lean towards the sign of encouraging regarding his shooting.

I think it also helps that his father is an assistant coach on the Raptors and I'm sure they value 3pt shooting, so I anticipate his shooting to improve regardless of where his shooting skill is right now.

Is this the earliest we have ever gotten a recruiting commitment, at least in recent years? Jeremy Roach committed I think in May prior to his senior season. Griffin just committed in November of his junior year, 7 months prior to Roach's commitment.

Is this the earliest we have ever gotten a recruiting commitment, at least in recent years? Jeremy Roach committed I think in May prior to his senior season. Griffin just committed in November of his junior year, 7 months prior to Roach's commitment.
Didn't Kennard commit pretty early?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom