Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2022-2023

My interest in college basketball has been waning for a few years. Now with Coach K gone, I'm curious to see what my investment will be moving forward. I can foresee a future in which I just become more detached just look at the NCAA Tournament buzzer beaters/close games on a few-minute YouTube video or something. Coach K was/is a huge driving force in my Duke fandom and not having him as the head coach will be unchartered territory for me.

I would try to go to a Duke game every year at MSG. Now I'm pretty confident I'll never again spend the money to go. I do think the intensity of the Duke fanbase will lessen with Coach K gone.

I am a college sports fan first. I generally don't care what our guys do in the NBA other than being used as a recruiting tool to help the success of future teams. My interest may be gone completely in a few years. I held out for the past few largely just to see if K had one last run in him. Now the book is closed.

This game might be a sign it's time to find a new hobby, but who knows

I am a college sports fan first. I generally don't care what our guys do in the NBA other than being used as a recruiting tool to help the success of future teams. My interest may be gone completely in a few years. I held out for the past few largely just to see if K had one last run in him. Now the book is closed.

This game might be a sign it's time to find a new hobby, but who knows

This is where I'm at. Don't care about the NBA.

I was so much more excited for the Scheyer era before I realized UNC had the greatest coach of all time.

Maybe Scheyer will be great. But I don't see how he can possibly match this.

Honest
My interest in college basketball has been waning for a few years. Now with Coach K gone, I'm curious to see what my investment will be moving forward. I can foresee a future in which I just become more detached just look at the NCAA Tournament buzzer beaters/close games on a few-minute YouTube video or something. Coach K was/is a huge driving force in my Duke fandom and not having him as the head coach will be unchartered territory for me.

I would try to go to a Duke game every year at MSG. Now I'm pretty confident I'll never again spend the money to go. I do think the intensity of the Duke fanbase will lessen with Coach K gone.
Again, that exactly me. I went all in this tourney knowing it's K's last. I don't know how I will feel about CBB/Duke next year. Again, Scheyer is one of my all time favorite players so I want to give him a chance, but I don't know if my heart will be in it, we will see in Nov.

I was so much more excited for the Scheyer era before I realized UNC had the greatest coach of all time.

Maybe Scheyer will be great. But I don't see how he can possibly match this.

Where is Kevin Ollie coaching now?

Even if UNC wins, starting Tuesday is the best part of the college basketball year.

If Roach and Keels both came back I would be big-time on board with that. I think it would be refreshing to have the starting backcourt be non-freshman and have the experience of a Final Four. I would rather have them come back than get new guys in the portal.

So assuming Keels and Moops are gone, do we think Foster reclassifies? Foster has Derryck Thornton vibes to me at this point based on the board. Any reason Mitchell can’t start at SF and we move Dariq to the 2? Can Mitchell hit 3s - he was 2/3 in the McD’s game?

A New Hope

Hopefully Scheyer goes back to recruiting teams after this season. That is how his team won in 2010.

Scheyer needs to move heaven and earth to get whatever NIL deal that would convince one of Moore or Keels to return, but it sure does seem like they’re both gone. Is it against NCAA regs for the program’s social media to openly advertise for starting guards in the transfer portal?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom