Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

Dallas Morning News will endorse Gary Johnson tomorrow. Haven't confirmed it, but obvious. First time in about 50 years no GOP endorsement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pantone287 said:
Are you somehow under the impression that there is a nonzero chance of someone other than Clinton or Trump being president come January?

This election? Nope. The reason? Your viewpoint that is also the viewpoint of American majority. Quite the paradox that will only be broken when people cease to have an archaic, special interest influenced, and media sponsored perception of the supposed inevitability that is the dual-monopoly of American presidential elections.

Karl Beem said:
dub_seahawks said:
Also, it is rare that someone who is likely the next president is this embroiled in controversy. Personally I think she's a robot with AI created by special interest. I can't relate to her on a human level whatsoever.

The most important special interest being the GOP smear campaign that's been going on since 1990. This Clinton has little to do with reality.

Rare? Have you forgotten Obama? The Clinton controversies started with Bill and let's not forget the swiftboating of Kerry, a decorated veteran.

I don't even know what you're saying here. Can't attempt to respond.

dub_seahawks said:
Karl Beem said:
dub_seahawks said:
Also, it is rare that someone who is likely the next president is this embroiled in controversy. Personally I think she's a robot with AI created by special interest. I can't relate to her on a human level whatsoever.

The most important special interest being the GOP smear campaign that's been going on since 1990. This Clinton has little to do with reality.

Rare? Have you forgotten Obama? The Clinton controversies started with Bill and let's not forget the swiftboating of Kerry, a decorated veteran.

Rare? Obama has been embroiled in one controversy after another. Hopefully you remember the swiftboating of Kerry.

I continue to be amazed at how people think Clinton is involved in constant scandal yet can't actually articulate what the scandals are, or what she did that was "wrong."

She's not a bad candidate because she is some kind of nefarious dark force that does awful things. She is a bad candidate because she is a boring panderer.

Karl Beem said:
dub_seahawks said:
Karl Beem said:
dub_seahawks said:

Rare? Obama has been embroiled in one controversy after another. Hopefully you remember the swiftboating of Kerry.

karl what I think you mean is one manufactured controversy after another.

FWIW, here is a great reason not to vote for Trump that has nothing to do with Trump at all, but a political party that is actively trying to disenfranchise millions of law abiding American citizens because they aren't white:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/fe ... rs-w435890

I will never vote for a political party that is actively trying to limit access to the polls. Voting Day should be a national holiday, IMO, and should probably be compulsory.

Bill was at the Durham co-op today. He bought some Ponysaurus and what looks like shampoo.

The co-op is a fantastic place with a great beer selection.

aiw said:
Bill was at the Durham co-op today. He bought some Ponysaurus and what looks like shampoo.

The co-op is a fantastic place with a great beer selection.
Ponysaurus?

Anyone else see the Roast of Rob Lowe last night? Anne Coulter was on there for some reason. They destroyed her. It was the most uncomfortable I have ever been watching tv.

Edit to add: I don't like Anne Coulter.

Thain said:
Anyone else see the Roast of Rob Lowe last night? Anne Coulter was on there for some reason. They destroyed her. It was the most uncomfortable I have ever been watching tv.
I think she is one of the most disgusting social commentators out there, and I certainly :lol: heartily last night, but thinking back on it today, yeah, I can't help but shake the nagging feeling that everything hurled at her was beyond being excused as just what they say at Roasts. It felt really real, and most/all of my discomfort at what transpired hinges on that.

Some slippage from Clinton in the polls in the last few weeks.

Only 3% ahead now in RCP's average of the polls, as opposed to 7% a few weeks ago. If it continues at this rate, Trump will be back ahead well before the election.

I was wrong and I am stunned. Dallas Morning News endorses Clinton, not Johnson.

There is only one serious candidate on the presidential ballot in November. We recommend Hillary Clinton.

We don't come to this decision easily. This newspaper has not recommended a Democrat for the nation's highest office since before World War II — if you're counting, that's more than 75 years and nearly 20 elections. The party's over-reliance on government and regulation to remedy the country's ills is at odds with our belief in private-sector ingenuity and innovation. Our values are more about individual liberty, free markets and a strong national defense.

We've been critical of Clinton's handling of certain issues in the past. But unlike Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton has experience in actual governance, a record of service and a willingness to delve into real policy.

Those are real shortcomings. But they pale in comparison to the litany of evils some opponents accuse her of. Treason? Murder? Her being cleared of crimes by investigation after investigation has no effect on these political hyenas; they refuse to see anything but conspiracies and cover-ups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Build a Wall just offered a path to citizenship through the military.

Hmm, addressing an issue of national security by allowing apparent violators to gain legitimacy via one of the instruments of ensuring security. Ok, makes sense, I guess.

Not to mention giving would be terrorists free training.

Meanwhile, Clinton's lead down to 2.8%.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom