Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

Her being a UNC alum and not a Duke alum (which I naturally assume in these cases), should be another modest contribution to Rome's Good Cycle®.

Of all of the stupid stories out there right now, this one has to be the dumbest. Why is the stock price affected by bad financial results? Or any bad news? Why was the market pricing in an expectation of anything better?

Something about the music drops at the end just makes it feel like a parody

This is insane, of course, but I think it’s worthless to include a fact question in an opinion poll. People will just give their opinion on it, even if it’s factually untrue. I’d rather see a question like this in a poll that’s not overtly political—like just a poll of newsy things to compare how many people know what the stock market is doing versus who won the last Super Bowl, what was the last Oscar Best Picture, etc.

Also, it should not be news to anyone that people don’t look at their 401(k) performance, so people are only going to know this if it’s in the news. I remember that the evening news used to always say if the Dow was up or down, but maybe that doesn’t happen anymore. I don’t watch the evening news anymore, it can’t compete with Mighty Cruise Ships

I wonder what percentage of 401k accounts just have everything sitting in 2%-ish default cash sweeps because people don't know how to set allocations.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom