Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Rejean “Boogie” Ellis

His EYBL stats look good.
https://www.d1circuit.com/roster_players/24361448

23 games
43% 2pt (assume his smaller size is hindering his finishing at the rim; shot selection seems fine based on fta/fga and 3pta/fga)
46% 3pt (great)
80% ft (not great but good enough to suggest his 3pt shooting isn’t a huge fluke)
51% 3pta/fga (great even by Duke Forum standards; senior Jon Scheyer was 54%)
35% fta/fga (decent for his position; senior Nolan Smith was 41%)
4.5 rpg (not Trevon Duval, and that’s all that matters for point guard rebounding)
1.8 ast/to (not great, not bad, hard to read anything into this without knowing how sloppy the EYBL play was)

Any point guard who can shoot and move his feet should be fine for Duke. Seems like only about half of Duke’s targets have been meeting that threshold recently.

This feels like it could be a DerrYck Thornton 2.0 situation, but I always find a sort of excitement in another joining member of #TheBrotherhood, so let’s go! Welcome booger!

This is a very good pick-up. Unless he transfers, he's definitely going to be a multi-year guard for us, and likely even a 4 year player since he's undersized. He shoots the ball well based on the statistics SeanMay posted earlier which is a big plus. He provides us some good back-court depth next season as well.

He's not Bryan Antoine, but it's a really good fall back commitment.

edit: I was assuming he was a combo guard when i wrote this, but it seems like Duke is exclusively bringing him in to play PG. If so, that would mean he's not undersized at 6'2.

Last edited:
This feels like it could be a DerrYck Thornton 2.0 situation, but I always find a sort of excitement in another joining member of #TheBrotherhood, so let’s go! Welcome booger!

Boogie Ellis can shoot, so it definitely won't be a Derryck Thornton situation. He's also rated much lower.

I know we're negative here, but the transfer talk seems sort of misguided. He'll have all the playing time he wants. And historically, our guards almost never transfer.

Anyone who questions the evolution of athletes over the past few decades should look at highlights of point guards with "average athleticism" in the 80s and 90s vs today. I feel like most college point guards back then couldn't even reliably dunk, and now even the average athletes are doing Eastbay dunks to Anno Domini beats.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom