Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rosterbation Thread

The death line-up only works if Trent Jr comes back, imo, otherwise we won't have enough shooting for it to work.

I'm all for a line-up of Tre-Trent-Cam-RJ-Zion but it needs Trent to make it really work, IMO. Sure, you can slide AOC in there, but he can't defend for anything and isn't the scorer ultimately that Trent is. AOC would be a great sub for that line-up.

The death line-up only works if Trent Jr comes back, imo, otherwise we won't have enough shooting for it to work.

I'm all for a line-up of Tre-Trent-Cam-RJ-Zion but it needs Trent to make it really work, IMO. Sure, you can slide AOC in there, but he can't defend for anything and isn't the scorer ultimately that Trent is. AOC would be a great sub for that line-up.
I agree.

The zone worked primarily because of Wendell. Zion blocks shots in highlight reels coming over from the weakside. Wendell could be left on an island in the paint vs. 2 offensive players and effectively stymie them.

I'll cut off my left testicle if Zion is a more valuable all-around player than Wendell. I'm not talking some specious bullshit like "Carter only scored 5 pts in these three cherrypicked games." I'm talking overall offensive and defensive rating, bpm, win shares, effective FG percentage, true shooting, block rate, rebounding percentage, etc.

I'll cut off my left testicle if Zion is a more valuable all-around player than Wendell. I'm not talking some specious bullshit like "Carter only scored 5 pts in these three cherrypicked games." I'm talking overall offensive and defensive rating, bpm, win shares, effective FG percentage, true shooting, block rate, rebounding percentage, etc.

We will see. Hopefully Zion can find a spot from 3 like Wendell did and hit 40ish%.

The guys who are highest on Zion (Gribanov and Slater) are the guys I trust the most about recruits. Gribanov even implied Zion would go ahead of Carter THIS year.

The zone worked primarily because of Wendell. Zion blocks shots in highlight reels coming over from the weakside. Wendell could be left on an island in the paint vs. 2 offensive players and effectively stymie them.

Zion’s blocked shots in those highlights are also against what looks like third graders from an affluent suburb.

We will see. Hopefully Zion can find a spot from 3 like Wendell did and hit 40ish%.

The guys who are highest on Zion (Gribanov and Slater) are the guys I trust the most about recruits. Gribanov even implied Zion would go ahead of Carter THIS year.

You still don't get that draft projections might not line up with how good players are in their one year in college? There are 16 year olds who would go ahead of Carter in a draft right now. Who cares, when it comes to performance next season? We root for Duke to play well, not for draft positions.

You still don't get that draft projections might not line up with how good players are in their one year in college? There are 16 year olds who would go ahead of Carter in a draft right now. Who cares, when it comes to performance next season? We root for Duke to play well, not for draft positions.

Well aware. I was just stating cause for my belief that he will perform better than Carter next year. I'm a believer. You're not. That's fine. You and Rome have never been Zionists, and that's okay. The proof will be in the pudding.

Axe you should care more about defense

Why do you think I don't? I think Bolden is going to be a star defender and Zion will be good. Barrett and Tre will be good.

Cam is the defender I'm worried about.

And because you think Zion will be a good defender. It's like you've never watched him play basketball.

Zion’s blocked shots in those highlights are also against what looks like third graders from an affluent suburb.
And he blocks them into the 3rd row, thereby granting the other team another possession. Also, half his blocks are goaltends.

Well aware. I was just stating cause for my belief that he will perform better than Carter next year. I'm a believer. You're not. That's fine. You and Rome have never been Zionists, and that's okay. The proof will be in the pudding.
I don't think you really understand how historically good Carter was for Duke this year. I could be high on Zion and still doubt he will be as valuable overall. I don't think Tre Jones will be as valuable overall, and I expect Tre to be next year's MVP.

I don't think you really understand how historically good Carter was for Duke this year. I could be high on Zion and still doubt he will be as valuable overall. I don't think Tre Jones will be as valuable overall, and I expect Tre to be next year's MVP.

Carter was our best interior defender since Shelden Williams. He was an absolute rock down low defensively.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom