Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2021-2022

How far will this team go?

• National Champions/Final Four

• Elite Eight/Sweet Sixteen

• 2nd Round/1st Round

• NIT or worse

Results are only viewable after voting.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
A maturing Carolina squad, led by sophomores Day’Ron Sharpe, Walker Kessler and Caleb Love, seeks another sweep of Duke.

I’m hopeful to get 2 of Bacot/Sharpe/Kessler back. I doubt it but we aren’t going anywhere unless Lekay Black is one of those transfers

There have been rumors on IC of disatisfaction by several guys on UNC but no detail as to who. Hopefully they get hit hard by transfers. I would think Sharpe is gone based on mock drafts. Maybe Brooks would want to start his career abroad.
According to someone in the know, Brooks is not interested in using his 5th year, Sharpe is gone, Bacot 50/50, Kessler stays.

That was from like a week ago though. I imagine things can change rapidly at this point.

I don’t even know anything about their incoming freshman. Anyone of note?

I’d wouldn’t mind Love transferring. He absolutely sucks and I don’t think he’s going to get that much better

Their lackluster recruiting, which has been a concern now for a long time, has really caught up with them to the point that they aren't really an elite program at the moment. This looks to be the third straight year where they don't figure to be much of a factor nationally, barring some incredible improvement from Love and Kessler. Even if you bring back all four bigs, its not great when you can only play two of your best four players at one time.

Looking back, I think that the 2015 class which brought in just Luke Maye and Kenny Williams was a turning point. Both of those guys turned out to be really good, but that class set a trend of Carolina getting the majority of their minutes from guys outside the top 50 nationally. Even the blue-chip recruits Roy has signed since then, like Love, Anthony, Nassir Little, and Jalek Felton (lol) have struggled in the ways that freshmen typically struggle in Roy's system (Coby White being the obvious exception). One big difference now is that Roy no longer demonstrates an ability to get these kids to return to school.

Last edited:
Roy’s quotes really make me think he’s retiring

Oh come on, he’s been one of the biggest sad sacks in the sport since he got there when things aren’t going well. I mean coming of that title a decade ago he spent all of the next season saying they were worse off then hurricane victims in Haiti and shit like that.
I think his choice may be retire or come back and suffer 8-20. I’ve never seen IC premium so doom and gloom. Even Sherman and McMillan are posting about the possibility of a major major roster turnover. Roy really pissed people off by allowing Platek and Leaky Black to suck so badly and still give them minutes. The bigs are furious that Brooks was given such a long leash despite being awful. The worst case scenario would be this and IC thinks it’s realistic:

Davis transfers
Bacot tests nba waters and transfers
Love transfers or goes pro
Sharpe goes pro
Harris transfers
Kessler tests and then transfers

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads