Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2024-2025

How will UNC finish?

• National Champions

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Final Four

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elite 8/Sweet 16

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • NCAA Tournament first weekend

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • NIT or other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
UNC right now is down down to three front court targets. Ven-Allen Lubin this one I dont quite get. Hes a not a bad player at all, I just dont see the roster fit. Onyenso and Coleman Hawkins.

I think the draft is so weak throughout that there’s probably going to be a pretty large divergence from the consensus mocks. I get NIL is a massive draw but if my lifelong goal was to get to the NBA and I was borderline second round, this feels like the year to roll the dice and go. It only takes one team to like you.

Miles Plumlee going in the first round is proof of that. That's still so wild to me that that happened. I understand he had great measurables, but he was so unskilled and had such bad feel.

That was in a much stronger draft than this one. You had a consensus #1 in Anthony Davis and many other prospects who were highly thought of. Two second round players ended up being All-Stars (Draymond and Middleton), and one of them is going to make the Hall of Fame.

I think the draft is so weak throughout that there’s probably going to be a pretty large divergence from the consensus mocks. I get NIL is a massive draw but if my lifelong goal was to get to the NBA and I was borderline second round, this feels like the year to roll the dice and go. It only takes one team to like you.
Perhaps, but another way this could play out is that this year's rookie class just gets fewer deals (for the second-rounders) and minutes than other years. In some years a team might rather take a flier on a mid-40's drafted guy than a 22-25 year-old on the current Bolden/Hurt/White/Steward level (all of whom had some 10-day contracts). If the teams really think these guys suck, they'll just sign last year's G-Leaguers and 2-way guys instead, for not that much more money.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom