Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Video: Myles Turner - #2 recruit in the nation

Thanks for sharing. In the future, if a thread for a particular player doesn't already exist, please post in the thread for Duke or college basketball recruiting.

I am enjoying the video, though.

I'll try it again later. I thought it might be my headphones, but they are working fine for everything else.

I love that this documentary has little to do with basketball and tons to do with family and life. I would love for Turner to end up at Duke, but no matter where he goes, I will root for this awesome kid.

I love that this documentary has little to do with basketball and tons to do with family and life. I would love for Turner to end up at Duke, but no matter where he goes, I will root for this awesome kid.

I was thinking the same thing... Seems like a really remarkable, down to earth family considering Myles is so highly touted.... Can you imagine him teaming up with Jahlil and Tyus Jones... what a recruiting class that would be!!

SamuelJensen said:

I was thinking the same thing... Seems like a really remarkable, down to earth family considering Myles is so highly touted.... Can you imagine him teaming up with Jahlil and Tyus Jones... what a recruiting class that would be!!
Yeah, I could live with that. :D

Duke has 6 postmen getting playing time in the nba. Pretty good.

Factor in guys who recently had contacts like Shelden, Lance And Shav...

My post is a little off track, I know. The key is K is getting these guys in the league.

I would think Coach K would be really pushing that fact to Myles... I can't imagine him and Jahlil in the paint with Tyus cutting and dishing to them...

Sound still starts panning from left to right about a minute and a half in. Wouldn't be a problem except I use headphone and am significantly deafer in my left ear. I guess I'll watch the rest on my speakers.

I don't see Turner and Okafor both starting if Turner came to Duke. Somebody on the roster needs to be able to make 3's.

rhfarmer said:
I don't see Turner and Okafor both starting if Turner came to Duke. Somebody on the roster needs to be able to make 3's.

Turner can make high school threes at least.

I agree, though, that the lineup of Jones/Sheed?/Winslow/Turner/Okafor would be a pretty bad shooting team. Also, would we really start four freshmen?

Maybe you could go Jones/Cook/Winslow/Turner/Okafor, but the net result would be about the same. Slightly worse defensively and slightly better offensively.

It wouldn't matter how weak our perimeter defense was at the 1-2 spot if Turner/Okafor were in the post. They'd simply erase any mistakes. Not that I think couldn't couldn't at least be acc average by then.

rome8180 said:
Sound still starts panning from left to right about a minute and a half in. Wouldn't be a problem except I use headphone and am significantly deafer in my left ear. I guess I'll watch the rest on my speakers.

I think you're doing it wrong.

rome8180 said:
rhfarmer said:

Turner can make high school threes at least.

Is that the best way to use Turner on O? Doubt it. High/low post is the way to go IMO, if we aren't pushing that tempo like K always does.

Doesn't matter if they shoot 40% eFG with the Jones Winslow Jefferson Turner Okafor lineup since they would get about 60% of the rebounds on offense as the best rebounding lineup in history. 40% shooting on 2s only and 60% offensive rebounding gets you the best offense in the country by far.

With that lineup, the best thing to do would be Jones launching 35% 3s from 30 feet while the four other guys are all standing around the paint, then if they get the board, either take an easy layup or throw it back out to Jones to do it again. It would be a mockery of the sport but also the best offense relative to the rest of the country ever.

That would be the exact antithesis of K's philosophy. He'll play Jones/Cook/Sulaimon/M. Jones/Semi before that happens...the greatest three point shooting team ever but also the worst rebounding team.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom