Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marvin Bagley III

Great replies all around. I would really hope K plays uptempo to Duval's strength and that our bigs actually hustle to play defense. If Bagley comes we will have Bags, Carter, Javin, Vrank, and Bolden who can all provide rim defense and 3/5 can guard 4s. Obviously Carter, Javin, and Bagley are more suited for an uptempo pace compared to Bolden and Vrank.

Offensively, I hope Bagley isn't used as a primary option often. He seems like a good 3rd/4th option and can do damage as a secondary driver, pick man, 2nd chance putbacks, and occasional mid range

ALL I wanted to say is, I don't think getting Bagley to Duke hurts in anyway. If anything it helps.
I agree that it helps this year. I'm just not sure that it helps enough to be worth the tradeoff in Javin and Vrank's development. I don't believe we win the title even with Bagley. And I believe Javin and Vrank will mean much more to the program in the long run. Also, if Javin transfers as a result, then we've lost two years of a guy who will likely be a very solid upperclassman.

The obvious solution is for us to land Bagley AND have K play his depth, but we all know that won't happen.

It is extremely frustrating that it won't happen. Assuming we play fast, which the Duke social media has alluded to, we are going to need to use our bench a little bit more. DeLaurier should be a very ideal big man off of the bench. Can run the floor, athletic, can rebound, defend, throw down impressive lobs passed from half-court, etc. DeLaurier should be able to get enough minutes next season where he thinks "I'm contributing to the team, my hard work is being rewarded with minutes. I'm not starting or playing 20mpg, but, I can see that if I keep working my tail off I'll really be a big factor minutes wise as a junior and senior". Most coaches are capable of doing this, I don't understand why Coach K is not. I refuse to believe DeLaurier can't get 10-15mpg on next season's roster, in ACC play.

I don't care about Bolden since it seems he's either going to declare for the NBA or transfer. But DeLaurier should be a very important cog in the wheel in 2018-19.

I know we shouldn't quote posts to just "agree" but I completely agree. Javin will hustle and play defense and provide some needed energy this team has lacked in the last few years. He needs to be rewarded with more PT and a longer leash. Even if he had 1/3 the leash of Matt Jones--that'd be good.

@noob throwing down some serious cash on Duke in this one. Got in when the odds were good too.

I am fully in on Bagley being the GOAT prospect if he chooses Duke and overrated if he chooses someone else.

Under 2 hours.

Triple Towers coming with Bagley at the 3. The lineup of ultimate length and doom.

Jordan Tucker says it's not USC.

If you recall, Trent Jr. was posting cryptic tweets about Knox not coming.

So I feel really good right now. The players know.

Is Jordan Tucker a Duke player? That name sounds vaguely familiar, but it sounds more like a Wisconsin player.

Seriously though we'll need this kid to be a unicorn for us (which seems to be the current parlance for describing those rare game changing freaks ala Anthony Davis, Karl Towns, Durant/Oden), given we've committed ourselves full bore to a super young talent over experience "system". That's the only way this is going to work.

With or without Bagley - Grayson and Carter should have the highest usage rates on the team.

Well I'd like to assume most coaches would prefer to use their most efficient outside and inside scorers as their primary options, instead of Bagley post ups and Duval jumpshots off the dribble.

Seriously though we'll need this kid to be a unicorn for us (which seems to be the current parlance for describing those rare game changing freaks ala Anthony Davis, Karl Towns, Durant/Oden), given we've committed ourselves full bore to a super young talent over experience "system". That's the only way this is going to work.

In Bagley we trust.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom