Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Gary Trent Jr.

He's gone. His father is another prima donna asshole who thinks his son was stymied by Duke.

Trent Jr is the difference between like 5-6 losses and 2-3 losses and dominance next year.

This is one of my favorite times of the year on message boards- when people gradually start to forget what it's like to go on the road in the ACC, especially with at least 3 freshmen starters and likely 4. With or without Trent, we're not getting through next year with 2-3 total losses.

I'd actually like to thank Slap for posting that so I could ponder the following again. In 1990-91, Billy McCaffrey was a part time starter and a member of the all NCAA Tourney Team for the Duke squad that got smoked by UNLV in the Final 4. The following year, he transferred to Vandy while Duke steamrolled to the NCAA title with what is arguably K's greatest team ever.

What the fuck was he thinking?

Duke has lost 8 or more games in four out of the last five seasons, so yeah, I think expecting anything less than five-six losses would likely be setting oneself up for disappointment. I'd set the over/under for regular season defeats at 5.5, and total losses at 7.5.

Here's a reality check. You have to go all the way back to 98-99 to find a Duke team with less than 4 losses.
I think we'd have to have Carter back to have less than 4 losses. Maybe it's the home in me but I have higher expectations next year in terms of consistency because K is better with perimeter guys. I don't expect a title because we don't have a senior leader like every other team we've had. As is I'd say were a 5-6 loss team. Adding Trent and EJ I'd still say around 4-5. We have to get Carter back, who I think would be the perfect big for that roster, to be a 2-3 loss team.

8 or 9 losses, just like 2017 and 2018, even with Trent back.

That first road game at FSU or Clemson we will get smoked.

I don't expect Final Fours anymore, I just hope for Sweet Sixteen's every year. No more 1st weekend losses pls

I'd actually like to thank Slap for posting that so I could ponder the following again. In 1990-91, Billy McCaffrey was a part time starter and a member of the all NCAA Tourney Team for the Duke squad that got smoked by UNLV in the Final 4. The following year, he transferred to Vandy while Duke steamrolled to the NCAA title with what is arguably K's greatest team ever.

What the fuck was he thinking?

He knew his only path to the NBA was as a PG. Problem was duke already had a pretty good one.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom