Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball Recruiting

The next Kevin Durant vs. the next Mike Dunleavy Jr. Similar to the Greg Oden recruitment, I think Izzo will end up getting Bates for a season due to being the only coach with the foresight to recruit him at all. The NBA has way too much on its plate to deal with a rule change for draft eligibility.

I've been saying that I didn't think 2022 would be the "double draft" and that it felt too optimistic to expect the rule change that soon. That's the way I felt two years ago, so I feel it even more now.

An exciting night of hoops. Bates and Holmgren is the headliner, but Mikey Williams (who I think is ridiculously overrated) against Oak Hill and MJ Rice (a Durham kid who played at Durham Academy the last two years, one year with K's grandkid and could ultimately end up at Duke) starts it off and the night cap features Bronny James, Amari Bailey, and co. against Jaden Hardy, who is apparently a stupid offensive talent. Pumped to see these kids, particularly that middle game. I think Holmgren is a great competitor.

I missed the first quarter, but all it's taken is one quarter to be sold on Rice. He has a Winslow-like physique. 6'5", 220. Very good on both ends. I've seen him score at the rim twice, hit an off-the-dribble three, drive and kick for a teammate's three, and cause two turnovers (one while guarding a 7-footer).

I'm surprised he's only ranked #22.

I actually like Mikey Williams, although he's a chucker. But he has great shooting range, athleticism, and handle. Needs to clean up the decision making, however. Seems like the kind of guy who will go to a bad program and shoot 25 times a game.

Oak Hill is really good. Run better offense than some college teams.

Even with them being so good, Rice stands out as their best player.

Missed all but the fourth quarter of the first game. I'll go back and watch the rest later tonight. Sounds like Mikey Williams had a good first half and a forgettable second half. He had a nice finish late that was really impressive and a rip going baseline prior to that where he got fouled that looked like a professional move. What little I saw, I was impressed with how hard he was playing and his body language, which have been criticisms previously.

Holmgren is awesome. He would be the perfect player at Duke.

I definitely will.

Coached against him his freshman season when he was at DA. We weren't dumb enough to schedule them when he was a sophomore given how things went the year prior.

Both of these kids are unbelievable.

Holmgren's game is so modern and smooth. He's taken a couple bad shots, but for the most part he's dominated the game by just doing everything right. Great feel for where the ball needs to go and when it needs to get there. On the possession where he got the follow dunk, he did such a good job of getting it to the middle after the double team and then crashing the glass from there.

I love this little kid for Sizzle, the Trae Young kid they keep talking about. Donovan Smith or something. What a little shooter he is.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom