Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Agreed. Let's just roll with Jones-Barrett-Reddish-DeLaurier-Vrankovic. That's a great combination of youth and experience. Our interior defense/rebounding would be excellent.

We would need a big in the 2018 class, however. 3 bigs with that team is fine since Barrett and Reddish could each slide down a position.

How do you figure that team would be great at interior defense/rebounding? Javin is certainly not a banger at this point, and Vrankovic is not a great athlete.

I don't think we are going to be good at rebounding next year anyway, given the lack of quality bigs in the class (that is unless Carey reclassifies)

So, our best bet is to have a massive advantage on the offensive end. Turning down a talent like Williamson (not sold on his transcendence, but he's good enough) makes no sense to me. You've got to get as many dogs that will hunt as you can to maximize your chances at a title. No coach in America would turn down Zion. I mean, it's so crazy that it'd be a fireable offense, IMO.

Do you guys even want to win titles? The talent-whore bear is starting to wonder!
You are a really good argument for eugenics.

Well that's just mean. Have I ever insulted you? I'm simply sharing my opinion.

And they're as enticing and as welcomed as a boiled egg fart.

Duke offers 2019 PF, Isaiah Stewart. (Which is kind of silly, since by 2019 we'll be in the midst of a nuclear winter, while simultaneously undergoing an intense FBI investigation.)

https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Stewart-94244 (A Scheyer recruit)
It will be interesting in 2019 which big guys we are able to land with offers out to Carey, Bacot and now Stewart. I'm guessing we'd like to take 2 of that group but they all seem kinda similar too me.

Devils appear to be in good shape with Bacot. If it comes down to an either Isaiah Stewart or Carey to pair with Bacot, that is still a pretty great haul. Bacot (from what I understand) is a multi-year player.

I like how this is shaping up.

Stewart will be multi-year as well. He's 6'8. I like him and Bacot a lot. I'm getting to the point where I would like to see Bacot reclassify to 2018 so we can land Carey/Stewart in 2019, because I doubt we can land all three in the same class.

That's not going to happen, unfortunately. I think I prefer Stewart over Bacot.

2 days until Countdown to Craziness.

Zion Williamson and some 2019 guys (Hurt, Bacot) and a 2020 guy (Hampton) will be here.

Anyone know if Cam is coming, too? Would be nice for him to continue getting to know/recruiting Zion.

Emmitt Williams apparently arrested on suspicion of sexual battery and false imprisonment.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...arged-with-sexual-battery-false-imprisonment/
No big deal honestly. Last time we started the season with a guy like this on the roster we cut down the nets at the end of the year. I say we still bring him in.

I remember some other guy named Williams who had a sexual assault charge brought against him. He did ok at Duke.

DMnibFUW0AAimeF.jpg:large

His mother being here for the visit is crucial.

Matthew Hurt would kill at Duke. I'd take him over Baker or chubby Zion. He looks like Tyler Lydon + playmaking ability.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom