Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Vrank's ceiling is senior Marshall Plumlee.

He has been better than Bolden up to this point, though.
He is vastly more skilled than Marshall in actual basketball things like shooting and passing. No one will ever match Marshall's insane motor though.

Vrank's ceiling is senior Marshall Plumlee.

He has been better than Bolden up to this point, though.
See, I think he clearly has better hands and quicker post moves than Marshall. I don't think he's really comparable to anyone right now, but I'd put his ceiling closer to Zoubek.

I too think Zoubek is a much better comparison skillset-wise. Marshall was very tenacious, scrappy, and pretty athletic, but not offensively skilled. Vrank is more measured, earthbound, but has good hands and footwork.

I would like to see us go after Isaiah Stewart hard in 2019. I like his game and he's gotten good reviews from the USA camp this past weekend. Currently ND leads the CB projection with 1 prediction.

I haven't been paying attention to 2019, I suppose we're going to keep escalating and land the 1,2,3,4,and #5 ranked players in the class?

If he can get in touch with the Duke coaches? WTF does that mean (didn't read the article)?

UK fans feel VERY confident about Barrett but don't feel that way about Zion. Throwing out Knox type of recruitment for Barrett.

If he can get in touch with the Duke coaches? WTF does that mean (didn't read the article)?

Reading it doesn't clarify anything. Here's the entire quote:

Recruiting has also remained busy for Wiseman as he's taken a recent visit to Kansas to go along with an impending visit to Kentucky. Another school that Wiseman would like to check out is Duke.

"Hopefully Duke. That's who I'm trying to visit," Wiseman said.

"Maybe if I get in contact with the coaches we can figure something out."

With Wiseman taking so many recent visits, he's starting to figure out which schools are standing out in the process as he could cut a list in the near future.

"Yeah, I'm going to cut a list soon. Probably a top ten," Wiseman said.

I really would prefer not to get Zion. Let them have him. He's involved in all this ADIDAS bullshit and I'm not convinced he's this transcendent talent that youtube and anno domini are making him out to be. Just gonna be another headache in what could be an already loaded class for Duke with just Jones Reddish and Barrett.

I really would prefer not to get Zion. Let them have him. He's involved in all this ADIDAS bullshit and I'm not convinced he's this transcendent talent that youtube and anno domini are making him out to be. Just gonna be another headache in what could be an already loaded class for Duke with just Jones Reddish and Barrett.

Agreed. Let's just roll with Jones-Barrett-Reddish-DeLaurier-Vrankovic. That's a great combination of youth and experience. Our interior defense/rebounding would be excellent.

We would need a big in the 2018 class, however. 3 bigs with that team is fine since Barrett and Reddish could each slide down a position.

Don't really care about Zion, but also wouldn't complain if he played the 4 for 30 minutes with Vrank/DeL getting the rest of the minutes at the 4/5. Just wish the staff had identified the 2018 version of Vrank/DeLaurier to pair with Jones/Barrett/Reddish for depth purposes.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom