Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2015 ACC Tournament

I'd like to see the U in the NCAAs....however, I think I'll be cheering for ND tonight

torontoduke said:
I'd like to see the U in the NCAAs....however, I think I'll be cheering for ND tonight
You don't want to payback Miami? Then we will have paid everyone back that beat us this season.

I'm actually a little concerned about Miami (still). Their guards pose a difficult matchup.

When it comes down to serious thought and we stop being sarcastic idiots, it's pretty obvious that Virginia really should be the only threat left to Duke here, and Virginia is great. I want that game. End the good-odds part of the season with an epic game. The part of the season where Duke fans have like a 10% chance of being happy is basically playing the lotto. Duke over Virginia for a championship is something that can easily happen.

Need that banner. Would be great for Quinn in particular, as he has not won one before.

I would feel really good about a rematch with Virginia. We're the second best team in the country right now and I think everyone who cares about college basketball and owns a television knows that. If we beat Notre Dame and Virginia, people will start getting bold and picking us as tourney favorites over Kentucky.

In general, I think a conference tourney title is a great achievement, something to be treasured (fuck what Roy Williams says about this). I heard earlier tonight that Arizona has not won their conference tourney in 13 years. It is not an easy accomplishment, even for solid programs.

Based upon wins needed for the banner, it's at least HALF as good as the NCAA title, right?!?!

Really would have loved the chance to get revenge on all our losses this year. Oh well. A chance to get another solid win.

Duke winning the ACCT after beating State, ND, and Virginia would be impressive. Best regular/conference tournament season in a very long time if so.

Seeing lines of Virginia by 4.5 over UNC and Duke by 7 over Notre Dame.

Based on those lines, I'd expect Duke to be favored over Virginia by 1-2 points if that's the finals matchup (good chance it won't be). On the back of Duke's latest blowout, they're nearly equal to Virginia on Sagarin Predictor. Virginia is favored by about 1 point less than Sagarin says against UNC, and Duke is favored by about 1 point more against Notre Dame. This is probably more due to semi-home advantage than true team quality, but this same semi-home advantage will be given to Duke in the potential Duke vs. Virginia matchup.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom