Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2017-18] Phil Knight Invitational / at Indiana

Lol we get so lucky teams start to grind it out at the end of games, it really plays into our defense and bails us out there. Still perplexed why we sick to man so long, when we went some with 5 min left in the first half they only scored 4 points

Offensively at end of games we have been really damn impressive. Big buckets and free throws (Gary).

Bagley is amazing in so many ways but so lost on defense. I think there were at least 5 buckets he directly gave up because he didn’t bother helping, his back was turned or he didn’t run back in transition. Like he could get so many helpside blocks if he just tried. It is infuriating.

Bolden is a fucking great PnR defender. He needs to play a lot of minutes against Miami.

Because K was teaching something something. I don't know. It was horrible.

K is not an idiot, what's obvious to us is also obvious to him: this team is not a better m2m defensive team than a zone defensive team.

He is playing for March and he believes this team has a higher ceiling playing m2m in March and he's forcing them to play through their mistakes in a game that is winnable even with bad defense.

Went 8 deep, with only 7 min allotted to Alex.

Grayson & Bags played 40 & 38 minutes.

Like to see more depth utilized now the the schedule is getting lighter

Went 8 deep, with only 7 min allotted to Alex.

Grayson & Bags played 40 & 38 minutes.

Like to see more depth utilized now the the schedule is getting lighter

This team only has 3 legitimate bench players so that's not a surprise. They'll get plenty of minutes with all these cupcake games the next month.

In a couple of years an apocryphal chant has gone from "Where's your grandma?" to now about killing her.

Had to dig through our archives to remember the full story.
Copied from Laura Keely's postgame thoughts and reactions:

***Speaking of the crowd in Cameron, there seems to be some confusion about a particular Cameron Crazies cheer—or should I say, an imaginary cheer—directed at Tyler Lewis. In the second half, when Lewis was at the free throw line, the students chanted, "past your bedtime."

I'd suspect that's because Lewis, a freshman, is a shorter guy, listed at 5-11. And hey, when you're already young and standing next to people about a foot taller than you, you can look childlike.

I actually sent out a Tweet when this happened. Check the time stamp.

(screengrab of her tweet)

For reasons unknown, though, some Internet folks have decided that the Crazies were really saying, "How's your Grandma?" in reference to Lewis' grandmother that died last week. That's just false.

There was no such chant.

But the Internet never let a fact get in the way of a story, and people have put out a Youtube video that allegedly supports their claim. It doesn't because that cheer never happened. I actually asked five other sportswriters if they heard the Grandma cheer. None of them did.

Kind of like when opposing fans reviled us for chanting 'PLO' at Steve Kerr back in the 80s.

Except it was ASU, he never played in CIS.

Rewatching the last seven minutes of the Indiana game. If I could just be a mouthbreather who ignored advanced stats, quality of opponent, etc. I would be ridiculously optimistic about this team. Still kind of am, despite myself.

I'm halfway on board with the optimism. In games thus far their performance fluctuates from sleepwalking garbage for a few minutes to absolute domination for the next few minutes. Hopefully the master can fix his garbage coaching to bring it all together in the last few weeks of the season.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom