Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] 2 Duke vs. 8 North Carolina (NCAA Tournament Final Four)

What’s your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Scheyer is actually one of my all time favorite Duke players (Top 5), tough, smart, I would take him over JJ.

Though, to be fair, I didn't see a single thing that came down to coaching tonight. If anything, K's decision to sag off Leaky was the only clearly positive coaching move (and I liked it, even if he hit a couple). I also thought we defended Manek very well.
We weren’t prepared well to deal with post foul trouble.

ETA: not putting that on K

Though, to be fair, I didn't see a single thing that came down to coaching tonight. If anything, K's decision to sag off Leaky was the only clearly positive coaching move (and I liked it, even if he hit a couple). I also thought we defended Manek very well.

I think Mark should have been back in the second Bacot went out with the ankle. That was my only coaching qualm tonight. Can‘t fault K for 7-32 backcourt and 12-20 FT shooting.

Last edited:
I felt like the initial d was good enough but their offensive boards killed us - it felt like they got a ton of second chance points

And why would we have been? It's literally not something we'd had to deal with all year. Of all issues that could have sunk us, that was one of the least predictable.

Definitely not nearly as enraged after this loss as I was after the 2018 and 19 E8 defeats. It hurts a ton, but sparks aren’t flying off my fingers as I type. Probably because K wasn’t terrible as he was in those two.

My biggest complaint is that Bacot got Hansbrough treatment from the refs all year. Why do they reward dumb, ugly 6’9” mother fuckers for constantly grabbing, traveling and ramming themselves into people.

I know he fouled out, but there were 3 egregious No calls on fouls/travels in the first half.

My biggest complaint is that Bacot got Hansbrough treatment from the refs all year. Why do they reward dumb, ugly 6’9” mother fuckers for constantly grabbing, traveling and ramming themselves into people.

I know he fouled out, but there were 3 egregious No calls on fouls/travels in the first half.
My biggest complaint outside of AJ/Moore/Roach and the FT shooting, of course

Moore wasn't great, but he hit that huge step-back 3 to give Duke the 1 point lead with a little over one minute left.

UNC is going to beat Kansas, IMO. Kansas has had problems guarding ball screens all year because McCormack struggles there. I think they'll deal with Kansas easier than they did with us.

If they beat Kansas I might not be around by Tuesday morning.

I don't really give a shit. Since Roy retired I don't really care what UNC does since he's no longer a threat to catch K in titles, even though he probably never was considering how much the game passed him by those last couple of seasons. Roy was worse at the end of his career than K and it's not even close, IMO.

Maybe it’s different for me living ten minutes from the UNC campus and having a spouse who works at UNC and catches hell following every big sports moment that goes their way.

But this shit has me feeling like the world is caving in. If Kansas can win Monday that would be a big help, but it’ll still take a while to get back to normal for me, which is why I just hate fucking college basketball season. It’s the goddamn worst.

What a failure Roy was in retrospect. It's weird to say that about a dude with three titles. But UNC now has a coach who will continue to coach unstoppable big men but will also emphasize three point shooting and won't blow massive leads. He'd have a chance to be the GOAT if only he weren't already in his 50s.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom