Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] Virginia at Duke

What’s your prediction, if this game is played?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Duke has pretty consistently been 8-12 in KP all year now. It does not look like they will get better or worse. It's who they are.

What the fuck was wrong with them tonight? So many dumb turnovers. Every contested ball going to UVA. Roach dribbling up the court with zero awareness that the guy who just fell behind him is not dead and will be getting back up. Mark defending the inbounder, then pointing for Paolo to keep defending the guy Paolo was defending as Mark guards nothing but space while his man gets wide open for a game winning three. Banchero making dumb pass after dumb pass. Bunch of missed looks right at the basket. Mark defending like a kid on a sugar high and losing position on the slightest of movements. Theo wasting a great defensive possession where the guy had absolutely nowhere to go by bringing his arms down to bail him out with free throws.

Roach dribbling up the court with zero awareness that the guy who just fell behind him is not dead and will be getting back up.

Thanks for reminding me that that happened twice today to him.

What a disgusting game. I don't think Keels was good (and I think he's terrible in the 2-3) but I appreciated that he would drive through the body contact UVA was using to keep Duke from getting anything going on offense.
Roach dribbling up the court with zero awareness that the guy who just fell behind him is not dead and will be getting back up.

Thanks for reminding me that that happened twice today to him.
I completely forgot about the first one. Dumb but at least it was while trying to make a play. The second was just inexcusable. Although maybe I'd feel differently if the first had happened after watching 36 minutes of that trash.

I think Duke needs to leave the ACC. There is absolutely no upside to playing in this garbage conference. I would much rather take more losses in a better conference but have the losses be to respectable teams.

Mark defending the inbounder, then pointing for Paolo to keep defending the guy Paolo was defending as Mark guards nothing but space while his man gets wide open for a game winning three.
Yeah, I just rewatched this. No idea what the fuck Mark was doing there. Everybody else seems to have gotten the no-witch memo, Roach is trying to guard the big because Mark is supposed to be on Beekman, and Mark first briefly runs away from Beekman to double Paolo's guy, then goes to the lane like he's intentionally screening himself off of Beekman.

Where would we be in the SEC, B1G right now? Honestly don’t know, this team’s performance doesn’t seem correlated to opponent quality at all
It's odd. It wouldn't shock me if we had a better record in those leagues. This team definitely exerts energy in any game with a modicum of significance/spotlight, differently than in games we're expected to win against the unranked rabble of the ACC.

Even when you compare our loss at Ohio State to the losses in the ACC. In the OSU game, we were in complete control and imposed our will at times (while just choking down the stretch while the home team was lucky to escape with a win.)
On the other hand, the Miami/UVA games felt as if inferior teams had just emasculated an apathetic, sleepy team all game. We played in the aforementioned games as if the small deficits established throughout were insurmountable.

I find it hard to care about who did what wrong on the last play when the whole game was a series of mistakes, bad effort, and terrible coaching.

We didn't deserve to win after playing like that. I would have been just as happy if we forfeited out of a sense of honor right before the play.

The coaches should be able to guide the vastly superior players to a victory. We have like 10 feet, 50 recruiting stars, and $200 million in NBA earnings advantage over them.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom