Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] Virginia at Duke

What’s your prediction, if this game is played?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

What the fuck?

K told them not to switch and stay with your man, and literally ALL of them were switching?

If you go back and watch, Keels and Moore switch the first action Virginia makes. Then Clark comes hard around two screens towards the ball, where Roach passes him off to Paolo (which is how Roach ended up on the big). What I'm having a hard time with is why Mark chases Clark after receiving the inbound instead of just staying right there with Beekman.

Watching it over and over (I don't know why I'm doing this to myself), I feel like maybe I was giving Bennett too much credit in the other thread. This was just stupidity on Duke's behalf, not some coaching wizardry. A total breakdown on our part. Beekman definitely hesitated to get inbounds (maybe that was by design?), but in watching him after that point, it looks sorta like a broken play on their behalf.

Last edited:
This was 35 months ago: https://theacc.com/news/2019/3/17/m...rd-with-three-no-1-ncaa-tournament-seeds.aspx.

Hopefully the suckage of the past two seasons isn't permanent. That said, I worry that none of Hamilton, Larrañaga, and Boeheim has another sustained multi-season period of being good left in their careers.

I got nothing tonight. Living in Richmond makes this one just abysmal. I did however really like your use of a tilda to add a certain level of European flair to the name of the flamboyant Spanish coach for Miami.

LaPhonso has been onto K for a couple years now, IMO. I’ve noticed him dropping what sure sound to me to be thinly veiled questions about K’s prowess

I must have missed this. Is he just saying what everyone’s thinking but won’t say because they don’t want an angry coach to call in to the network and get them reprimanded?

Coach getting dragged a lot more than usual for this dud on Twitter tonight, and not just by mouth breathing trolls. I get the distinct feeling the ‘GOAT’ branding has worn even a lot of CBB journos and blue checks quite a bit raw, when juxtapositioned against the obvious decline that even the most casual of casuals have noticed. KevinStrickland and LBMPrime on TDD are probably the last real people still carrying the torch for him against any criticism

So... you go into this game pretty clearly having established Paolo and AJ as the engines of your offense, with everyone else in a distant second tier. I don't think that was just wishful thinking, as shot totals in recent games solidly reflected this.

AJ was having a bad night, fine. But not only do you not run a single play to get the best shooter in the country going, you straight up give up on your mid/high lottery pick scorer while trailing down the stretch and bench him for the entire final 10?

This is the kind of shit that drives me nuts. Some of our criticisms are at least debatable, but completely wasting that kind of talent in a 1-point loss is just a gross level of negligence.

I hope K didn’t gas up this Hoo team in the presser. They are just as untalented as any team Bennet has had the last ten seasons, regardless of what happened tonight. And if they do make the dance, they will get completely run over in the first weekend by some B1G or Big 12 squad or spunky midmajor.

I hope K didn’t gas up this Hoo team in the presser. They are just as untalented as any team Bennet has had the last ten seasons, regardless of what happened tonight. And if they do make the dance, they will get completely run over in the first weekend by some B1G or Big 12 squad or spunky midmajor.
Just once I want to hear him say "We lost to a really shitty team tonight."

Lol, UVA had the same turnaround, and the team only needed a 25 minute bus ride to get home on Saturday.

Is someone ever going to call this shit out in the presser? Or at least make a jerking off motion? Are they afraid of K making a signal to someone in the back to beat the shit out of them?

I used to think K was just coach speaking but I honest to god believe he thinks these are actually real, valid reasons

So... you go into this game pretty clearly having established Paolo and AJ as the engines of your offense, with everyone else in a distant second tier. I don't think that was just wishful thinking, as shot totals in recent games solidly reflected this.

AJ was having a bad night, fine. But not only do you not run a single play to get the best shooter in the country going, you straight up give up on your mid/high lottery pick scorer while trailing down the stretch and bench him for the entire final 10?

This is the kind of shit that drives me nuts. Some of our criticisms are at least debatable, but completely wasting that kind of talent in a 1-point loss is just a gross level of negligence.

Keels can bull his way to the bucket, but he's a high usage, low %eFG player.

Of course you run a play for Paolo or AJ and let Moore handle the ball (highest Assist rate%). Maybe Roach...but Roach isn't a triple threat. So Moore.

Before we rethink not running a play for AJ or Paolo despite bad nights, Bennet drew up a play to get an open look for a 3 despite being 1-11 before that.

When you don't have your A game, gotta have ballz.

It's a shame we're the only team who ever has to deal with these brutal conditions. It's a wonder we've won any games at all.

Lol, UVA had the same turnaround, and the team only needed a 25 minute bus ride to get home on Saturday.

Is someone ever going to call this shit out in the presser? Or at least make a jerking off motion? Are they afraid of K making a signal to someone in the back to beat the shit out of them?

I used to think K was just coach speaking but I honest to god believe he thinks these are actually real, valid reasons

I've been saying this for I don't know how long. Who in the fuck are these eunuchs in the press room who don't call K out for his preposterous explanations/rationalizations?

I swear on my life if I'd been in there I would've laughed my ass off when he said that about the quick turnaround.

You remember the story he's told a hundred times about his first year at West Point and he was trying to pitch a tent or something and he couldn't get it done in time, but at West Point, the only acceptable response is, "No excuse, sir!" He's told that story many times as an example of the leadership qualities you develop there.

Have you EVER heard a coach give more fucking excuses?

I'm so tempted to drive to Durham and shit on the hood of his car. Usually I calm down after a night of sleep but this one still burns my ass up. Coaching malpractice example number 375.

Edit to add: the link won't copy for some reason reason, but my bad... he had mud on his boots.

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom