Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2021 ACC Tournament

I believe that 1990 GT still has the highest scoring trio of players in NCAA history. Dennis Scott at 27 ppg and Brian Oliver and Kenny Anderson both over 20.

On another note, looking at teams' ACC records back then is crazy. GT was 8-6 and finished 3rd in the ACC. Duke was 9-5 and went on to play in the NCAA championship game. The competition is so watered down now.

Yeah, fuck UVA. I might hate them more than UNC.

Never.

It's not so much their team or coach. It's the fucking fans. If you're in the state, they're everywhere.

No joke, a few of them chirped at my uncle's funeral a few weeks ago. Decorum precluded me from taking shits on their chests.

I'm in the state. UNC basketball at least isn't an abomination and insult to the game.

They've also just had so many milquetoast players in recent years. No one really hatable since Brice Johnson.

I definitely hated UNC more when I lived in Greensboro. While there are plenty of UNC fans in Durham, I don't get stupid shit talkers if I wear my Duke gear out in public here.

There, you'd walk into a gas station and the attendant would be like "I don't know if I can serve a Duke fan derp derp." And I'd be like, "I don't know if I can punch you in your stupid mouth. Never mind. I'm pretty sure I can."

From Greensboro to Charlotte, it's pretty much all UNC fans. Random State and Wake fans were sprinkled in. The fact that their programs were terrible didn't stop them from talking shit, so props to ECU for their restraint. I guess they don't have any past glory to puff up their chests about.

ECU is 0-2 all time in the NCAA Tournament and have not played in it since 1993. Awful program, and the move to the American has done nothing to bolster it.

They had a minute on the gridiron where they would have been really competitive in the ACC.

In eastern NC, Duke fans outnumber UNC fans. There's a shit ton of ECU fans, but they're not making fun of anyone.

Not in basketball but they'll give it to State fans in football. Some bad blood there... I think it started in earnest in the '80s and really took off when ECU beat State in Carter Finley in '85 and '87, and some ECU fans actually tore down one of the goalposts in '87. There were near riots after both those games.

Then in the '90 or '91 Peach Bowl ECU erased a 14 or 17 point deficit in the 4th quarter IIRC and came back and beat the Wolfpack. I was there with a bunch of State fans. Godalmighty they were pissed.

They didn't play quite as often after that because of the behavioral concerns but until fairly recently I think ECU had a winning record against State (over the last 20 years or so).

There's more to the rivalry but you get the point.

And I forgot... because of Hurricane Floyd in '99, ECU's game against Top 10 Miami was moved to Carter Finley. ECU won and fans tore down the goalposts... again. Lol.

Last edited:
Much like the ECU fans taking up against the NC State fans as rivals Appalachian State fans took up Wake Forest fans years ago. GaTech and Georgia go at it as well as Clemson and USC fans. But UNC and Duke is THE rivalry in the ACC.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom