Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] NCAA Tournament

Who will win the national championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel like we need some recruiting changes and honestly what duke has been doing with their young squads has been impressive, but it's not enough to win it all

With the way we were recruiting after 2015, I thought K was gonna get one more before his coaching decline became so apparent. If we win a sixth I think I can be content for life.

Damn. Being tied with Indiana (dead program) and UConn (lucky nouveau riche) is kind of depressing
I didn’t know until I just looked it up that Indiana won 5 of its first 6 Final Fours. Just like UConn, won the first two, lost the third, then won the next three.
That means UConn will be a dead program 40 years from now. I will also be dead though.

What we need is top tier NBA future talent, I think. One reason I’m not quite sure about next year is that I’m not sure we have even a single lottery pick, and we’re banking a lot on a (huge) shooting improvement that may or my not be as pronounced as we need

Damn. Being tied with Indiana (dead program) and UConn (lucky nouveau riche) is kind of depressing
I didn’t know until I just looked it up that Indiana won 5 of its first 6 Final Fours. Just like UConn, won the first two, lost the third, then won the next three.
That means UConn will be a dead program 40 years from now. I will also be dead though.
I will be alone in the game chat bitching about a senile Scheyer's ball screen defense.

Indiana is like UNC where they hang multiple 1920s era banners decided by some random bread company, yes?

What we need is top tier NBA future talent, I think. One reason I’m not quite sure about next year is that I’m not sure we have even a single lottery pick, and we’re banking a lot on a (huge) shooting improvement that may or my not be as pronounced as we need

The Flagg/Boozers class could be the year for that.

The Flagg/Boozers class could be the year for that.

I suppose. I guess I got used to having a top 3 guy for half a decade straight, and usually with another lottery pick in tandem. It was also nice just bringing in a talent good enough to win ACC player of the year for three years straight, lol

I think even though we might not have a dominant lottery pick on next year's team there will still be plenty of talent if the sophomores make improvements. IMO Proctor should be a lottery pick and Mitchell and Flip first-round guarantees. If we have a lottery pick point guard, first round wing, and first round big man that's enough in the talent department to win a national championship assuming the team is cohesive and has a head coach that is modern in his X's and O's schemes.

I’m fine not getting those Paolo/Bagley/Carter level players as long as our guys stay more than 2 years. I want continuity again in this program. Build it with borderline 5* guys who stay til their junior year and sprinkle in an elite guy and legit transfer every other year.

Reactions: beo
The classes of 2022-2024, inclusive, just don’t seem to have those Zion/Paolo/Tatum/Bagley/Carter level talents.

At least that will hopefully mean that having the top NBA freshmen will be less of a must for winning it all. Unless I'm missing someone, Davion Mitchell and Agbaji were the only two first-round picks from the previous two champions. Seems like "experienced fringe NBA talent" works just as well for the most part.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom