Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] Notre Dame

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
19429975-788x444.jpg

Tuesday, February 14, 7pm ET, ESPN
Cameron Indoor Stadium

There is nothing anyone would rather be doing on Valentine’s Day than spending an evening with Duke basketball.

Notre Dame is an embarrassment defensively.

Their best player is Nate Laszewski, who is an excellent stretch center in his 5th season playing basketball for ND. Offensively, there aren’t many more valuable players in the ACC. He shoots well from everywhere, including 43% from 3 on high volume. He has legitimate size to play center, at 6-10 with a 22% defensive rebounding rate. I assume ND’s offense gets much worse when they put their non-stretch center, Ven-Allen Rubin, on the court (this happens for around a third of the game). The other four players out there will always be at least competent 3pt shooters.

As horrendous as Duke’s bigs looked against UVA’s defense, they should feast on ND, which isn’t exactly a positive for Duke in the long run.

This will be a big win after a rough week on the road that ended in a manner that will have the team focused leading into Tuesday night, IMO.

If Brey took the Georgetown job that would make a lot of sense given his ties to that area starting his career at DeMatha.

That would make a lot of sense, but given where he’s at in his career I doubt he wants to deal with the stress of coaching in a league like that. My guess would be somewhere small, closer to his home in Delaware, or, as Klahn suggested, on someone’s bench where he can avoid dealing with the bullshit of being in the lead chair.

I would be surprised if Brey returned so soon for anything other than a head coaching position. Considering Georgetown has hit rock bottom, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility they would welcome a coach that will come in, stabilize the program, return it to respectability, and hopefully get back into the NCAA Tournament and then retire and pass it on to the next coach.

Unless there is something I'm missing, Brey doesn't owe Duke anything at this point. He didn't coach Scheyer and probably barely has a relationship with him. If Amaker was the head coach it would make sense, but he's not, so I just don't see it.

Does this account usually feature guys who don’t play as the main graphic? Maybe they’re signaling Schutt has earned some time if the game isn’t too close. I assume whoever approves these things isn’t allowing a Max Johns graphic to be used, ever.

They could be correlating the player used with the strength of the opponent, I guess. So against Louisville, we could see a Spencer Hubbard graphic.

If I understand that correctly, it means that former Duke basketball recruit Patrick Mahomes will be in attendance tonight.

Remember that Duke hasn’t won a home game with Coach K in the building since February 19, 2022 vs. Florida State

I was hoping we'd come out pissed and destroy

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom