Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] at Miami

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
ss_20230206_195342679_21818631229.jpg

Wednesday, February 21, 7pm ET, ESPN
Watsco Center

Kenpom: #78 overall, #72 offense, #101 defense

The legendary Jared McCain is taking his talents to South Beach.

Norchad Omier is Miami's singular star, with NIL millionaire Nijel Pack having regressed since transferring from Kansas State last season. Omier averages 18 and 10, takes 64% of his shots around the rim, and makes 72% of those. He's not much of a passer or rim protector but his monster rebounding and efficient scoring make him good enough to be a star in college, like a poor man's Carlos Boozer, whose sons will likely be spurning Duke for this floundering Miami program.

Miami is the opposite of Duke's last opponent, FSU, when it comes to uglifying games with fouling. Miami's offense is #334 in the country in getting to the line and Miami's defense is #5 in the country at avoiding sending the opponent to the line. Should be a relatively pretty game to watch, aside from the 20 possessions used by the spin lord, Kyle Filipowski.

Last edited:
Miami falls @ BC. Yeah, I’ll be pissed if we lose this one.

Canes have been a massive disappointment after starting the year in the top 10.

Winning this one would make finishing 15-5 not only the goal, but actually likely. Depending on what UNC does, that could win Duke the ACC. Obviously, that would require a very specific set of outcomes, but they're not that unlikely. I believe Duke would have to beat UVA at home, UNC would have to lose to UVA, and then Duke would have to beat UNC at home. At that point, Duke would have the tiebreaker due to having split the season series with UNC and having the better record against the 3rd place team (UVA).

Obviously, Duke could make all the tiebreaker stuff a moot point by only dropping one more. But I'm not banking on that. Kenpom has 15-5 as the projected outcome right now.

I don’t bet huge sums of money on sports but its really next Saturdays game at Wake, a “First Four Out” team with very good metrics, 12 days after we beat them at home, that is the true lock of all locks for a loss.

I will have a lot of money on this one assuming the spread is at or very near the Pick Em that Kenpom is predicting right now.

Bad news is Miami is currently Q2. Good news is they are #78, so they could probably jump into Q1 with a big enough win over Duke.

I was thinking Miami. Duke should win this one. I agree Wake is probably a blowout loss.

Yeah I was talking about Wake in my "bet the house" post. As far as Miami, yeah i think it's a 5ish point line. Nijel Pack is supposedly hurt but Rowe also thinks Proctor likely won't be out of the protocol.

How long is a concussion protocol? We're talking nine days since the Wake game, which is supposedly when he hit his head. It can't have been that severe since he played the rest of the game.

In the NFL most players don’t play 7 days after getting concussed but theyre usually cleared and back at practice 10-11 days out or so.

On the flip side apparently it was stated on Saturday that Nijel pack would be back ”in the coming weeks” which implies he’ll miss this game but could be bullshit.

I do think Miami’s only shot to make the tournament is by winning the ACCT at this point so they should probably try to actually get him healthy.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom