Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] Virginia

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yeah, that's wild. Our raw efficiency was 115.0, against a defense that averages something like 93.1

UVA might just suck right now, but it's still really nice to win a game this laughably against a supposedly tourney-ish team while only shooting 6-19 from three, and down a top-6 guy at that. Also love that we got Stewart and Power 28 minutes, and that they were clearly ahead of Young and Blakes.

(Wouldn't at all be surprised if we need Young to take on a larger role again in postseason games, but those two have more to gain from additional minutes in the meantime.)

Oh, and maybe just me, but I thought Roach finally looked closer to fully healthy than he had in a while.

Not that he had a spectacular game or anything, but just physically, he seemed to be planting and changing direction more violently and confidently than he has been. And thankfully didn't have his once-per-game tweak where he lands gingerly and limps around for a bit.

Also, I just kinda love how happy he's looked while playing during our recent hot stretch. Fun to see.

UVA might just suck right now, but it's still really nice to win a game this laughably against a supposedly tourney-ish team while only shooting 6-19 from three, and down a top-6 guy at that. Also love that we got Stewart and Power 28 minutes, and that they were clearly ahead of Young and Blakes.

(Wouldn't at all be surprised if we need Young to take on a larger role again in postseason games, but those two have more to gain from additional minutes in the meantime.)

Yeah, I can't remember a time when you could beat a Tony Bennett UVA team simply by shoving the ball down their throats, but that's basically what Duke did tonight.

Watching now. The first half was so fun.

I’ve never seen a 7-footer get stuffed as much as Filipowski.

This is the sexiest ball movement I've seen from a Duke team in years. It's kind of shocking that we were able to run such good stuff against UVA.

I feel almost bad for Beekman. I'll feel less bad for him if he voluntarily decides to return for a fifth year of this bullshit.

This Crispin announcer sucks so bad.
I genuinely started feeling bad for the play by play guy. Typical exchange was basically

PBP: [Says entirely normal thing]
Crispin: Uhh, WHAT? What does that even mean?
PBP: [Tries to explain in light way that covers for his awkwardness]
Crispin: You're weird, bro. I forgot how lame you are.
PBP: ..........

My friend that I watched the game with last night went to elementary and HS with Joe and Jon Crispin and punched Joe in the nose once. Jon mentioned my friend's HS during the game last night because they won some NJ championship. Joe played a handful of games with Shaq and Kobe and his Penn State team beat UNC in the tournament with Titus Ivory (from Charlotte).

This Crispin announcer sucks so bad.
I genuinely started feeling bad for the play by play guy. Typical exchange was basically

PBP: [Says entirely normal thing]
Crispin: Uhh, WHAT? What does that even mean?
PBP: [Tries to explain in light way that covers for his awkwardness]
Crispin: You're weird, bro. I forgot how lame you are.
PBP: ..........
Yeah, Crispin not only didn't know that the Australian flag was not the Union Jack, but he'd also apparently never heard the phrase "tilting at windmills." PBP guy was like, "You know, Don Quixote." And Crispin was like "Nerd."

The thing is I thought Crispin actually made some good points about spacing and ball movement, but his being an idiot about anything not related to basketball plus being a huge dick to his coworker ruined the rest of his analysis for me.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom