Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alumni-Coached College Teams

My hs classmates started the company. It's amazing to see it thriving like this. They were also on Shark Tank trying to branch out into College Foxes Packing Boxes

My hs classmates started the company. It's amazing to see it thriving like this. They were also on Shark Tank trying to branch out into College Foxes Packing Boxes
Box Packers

1/29/22 Update:

Capel (Pittsburgh): 8-12, 3-6 in conference.

Collins (Northwestern): 9-10, 2-8 in the conference.

Amaker (Harvard): 10-7, 2-3 in conference

Dawkins (UCF): 12-6, 4-4 in conference

Brey (Notre Dame): 14-6, 7-2 in conference.

Mike Brey is having a really solid bounce-back season that he needed for job security. They have a very good freshman PG averaging 15ppg and bring most of their team back next season if they choose to stay. He has a good recruiting class coming in with a top 30 guard committed that Duke was on for a little while.

My god, has Collins ever been horrible since that historic NCAAT berth in 2017. Back then, I would have been very pleased to have him replace K. Quite the fall. Capel has also been a complete disaster at Pitt, have to imagine he’ll be fired at the end of the season. Year four, and he hasn’t achieved a single winning record, and the program appears to be in disarray.

The lack of success from the coaching tree overall is why I’m ultimately fine with K staying on post-2015 (though maybe not the last two years), even with all the frustration we have had to deal with. There was no obvious successor until Scheyer emerged, and given the first hire was always going to be a K disciple, it’s easy to imagine a timeline where the program fades away into irrelevance under Collins/Capel/Wojo/Dawkins if he’d retired after 2015 or even 2017. K remaining HC allowed for the recruiting machine and Duke brand to be solidified to the point that they should be able to survive for a while after he’s gone.

Snyder could still be a great short-term stopgap if Scheyer fails. He should be available, on his own accord or from being pushed out, if the Jazz do as expected and never sniff a championship despite winning more regular season games than anyone else over a 3-6 year span.

Utterly disastrous year for the K coaching tree. I was reading the Pitt board the other day and their disdain for Capel was off the charts.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom