Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2017-18

Laughable that anyone here actually believes Bamba will pick Kentucky over Duke. What does Kentucky have to offer any college basketball player? Worst freshman academic curriculum, terrible coaching. Get real, guys.

SMTTEM has decided to commandeer the good ship Pollyanna Dukies. 'Ware to ye all, there's troubled recruitin' seas a comin'. Come aboard at ye're own peril.

Frank Jackson will return. He's just doing the right thing.

AxeS24 said:
bdotling said:
Triple Towers!

I wish. Appears our head coach got fat and happy after landing Giles and Tatum.

Kentucky walks to a title next year, IMO.
This whiplash is killing me!
So you've gone from the most optimistic Duke fan to the most pessimistic. All those disagreements with other D-F posters seem kind of pointless now. Serves me right for trusting a non-insider on recruiting matters ;)

Welcome to the club… at last.

In all seriousness how bad do y'all see this roster being.

PG: Woods/Felton
SG: Williams/Robinson
SF: Pinson/Platek
PF: Maye
C: Huffman/Manley

I see that roster as winning anywhere from 10 to 15 games at most. A year worse than 8-20 wouldn't be out of the question. If Berry returns even with the front court weaknesses, I see them making the tournament as an 8-10 seed.

Another season where Duke and UNC would both be better off if they swapped coaches, if Bradley is gone. K could win a lot of games with that roster. He'd probably play Maye at center and not play Huffman or Manley at all, which is ideal, assuming both of those guys are unskilled trash. Roy would probably get something out of Bolden and play Vrankovic more, moving Carter to PF full time. Duval could be great at pushing tempo in that system, instead of being relied on heavily as a good floor general in a halfcourt offense, which will be what K tries to do with him.

Yes, I did hear that Harmartoma Desmoidtumor declared without an agent.

This is the next step for Duke. Unfortunate that K couldn't be the pioneer in the true NAD field with Giles. All parties may have been better off.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
This is the next step for Duke. Unfortunate that K couldn't be the pioneer in the true NAD field with Giles. All parties may have been better off.

Calipari already had the first true NAD in Kanter.

Idk if it's just me but even with UNCs title season, I still find myself enjoying college basketball less and less. It's becoming a watered down product IMO.

uncy12 said:
Idk if it's just me but even with UNCs title season, I still find myself enjoying college basketball less and less. It's becoming a watered down product IMO.

no, that's just your conscience that's bugging you. Its in there and its not happy at all.

College basketball is a disgusting product that relatively few people enjoy watching outside of March Madness, which is why hardly any decent journalists/writers/announcers are paid their worth to be part of it. I would not watch it until March if I were not a fan of one of the few teams that is relevant in the grand scheme of things.

Next year seems weird.

After glancing at post-NBA draft deadline rosters - Arizona, Kentucky and Michigan State strike me as the obvious favorites with juggernaut potential next season.
I think Kansas and Duke are on the tier just below them. After those 5 teams, I simply don't see another team with the overall NBA talent, size, and roster balance that screams obvious legitimate Championship contender.

The upcoming College Basketball landscape seems set up for a team like Wichita State, Southern Cal, Minnesota or some old, experienced scrappy team who'll end up in the National Championship game facing Kentucky or UNC.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom