Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2017-18

LOL - I am pretty certain that AIW would wipe the floor with me.

of all the posts of mine that have elicited vulgarity, that was the most deserving.

Legit stunned Nebraska basketball is 17-8 now on the season and have 8 conference wins. Didn't think they'd even win 8 games before the season with all the roster turnover.

And yes, before you look it up, they have yet to play UNC, and are scheduled to play them before Brown comes back, per usual.

I think if you asked me at the beginning of the season for two locks to finish Kenpom top 5, I would've seriously taken Wichita State and Arizona 1st and 2nd.

On February 1:

Wichita State is #22 overall (down 14 spots from last year's finish). They were #13 in offense and #13 in defense last year. Currently sitting at #18/#63.

Arizona is #20 now, only down 2 spots from last year. But the shocking part is that they've gone form #15/#29 last year to #9/#97 this year.

So both of these teams suffering from very steep defensive drops. Not really sure why, especially in the case of WSU, who returned everyone. Arizona essentially replaced Markinnen with Ayton (who is one of the best defensive rebounders in the country, far better than Markinnen at least in this one state) and lost a guard, so their demise is also hard to explain.

All of that said, I want to see neither of these teams before the E8. Wichita State, after losing tonight, is probably going to start tracking in the 7-10 range too.

Meh set of Saturday games. The most interesting ones from a realism and Duke seeding perspective are in bold.

12:00pm ET
Duke (-11.5) at St. John's, FOX

2:00pm ET
Kentucky at Missouri (-3), ESPN
Texas Tech at TCU (-3), ESPNU
Clemson (-3.5) at Wake Forest, ESPN3

4:00pm ET
Virginia (-7) at Syracuse, ESPN3
Kansas State at West Virginia (-7), ESPN2
Alabama at Florida (-8.5), ESPN
Purdue (-15) at Rutgers, BTN

6:15pm ET
Oklahoma at Texas (-3), ESPN

8:00pm ET
Pittsburgh at North Carolina (-21.5), ESPN3

8:15pm ET
Michigan State (-9) at Indiana, ESPN

9:00pm ET
St. Mary's (-9) at San Diego

10:30pm ET
Arizona (-5.5) at Washington, P12N

One potential source of joy this year is that Kentucky is worse than we are.

18 points in a half yesterday in their loss against Missouri. 2-20 from 3.

And the talk on RR is that there will be yet another mass exodus at season's end. They are getting restless.

OAD will be over after next season anyways. The question is, do the kids not good enough to bolt after HS, the 10-25th ranked types, do they only go to college for a year anyways? Cause you're actually in a worse position if you punt on the top 10 - who you risk getting Livingston'd - and then trot out multi-OAD lineups with even worse players.

OAD will be over after next season anyways. The question is, do the kids not good enough to bolt after HS, the 10-25th ranked types, do they only go to college for a year anyways? Cause you're actually in a worse position if you punt on the top 10 - who you risk getting Livingston'd - and then trot out multi-OAD lineups with even worse players.

Hopefully the players who do go to college will be required to stay 2/3 years like in football. Otherwise everything will revert back to how it was pre-2006, just with more Luol Deng's leaving after only one year and Livingstons not coming at all.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom