Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2021-2022

This seems like a good thing for the new head coach, in relation to having low expectations. I mean realistically the guy shouldn't face any heat at all until year 3, and any success he has in years 1-2 will be viewed as overachieving.

Yeah, I think Walmart is still more likely to pay for the endorsement of a Duke player. They want endorsements with national scope. I mean, what does the endorsement of an Arkansas player get them? More locals going to Walmart?

ETA: phrased that backwards originally. It's the endorsement OF a Duke player. Not Walmart endorsing a Duke player.
It gets the boosters - in this case Waltons - the player they want on their favorite team. This is coming from the traditional booster perspective - not a business perspective. ROI would be measured by wins, not $$$.

I’m not suggesting this will definitely happen. I’m just thinking about how certain programs with big money boosters could skirt pay-for-play rules.
Should have listened to this guy.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom